Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing at 1.49%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately yes. That's not financing - if you in CA the bulk of that is sales tax. 7.25 to 8.25%, depending on country. That adds up to 5500...add in 1200 destination charge, and license and registration, and you're pretty much there.

Now if you're paying up front financing fees that may be adding some. I financed through Alliant, no fees other than maybe 10 or 20. But the bulk of the 'extra' is probably sales tax.

Dan

I heard Alliant does 84 months....is that a good loan term?

Gents, I've been working out the numbers with my wife for the last several nights as we received our sign off contracts for our new MS that's to be built and delivered in the month.

for a 79k car, with out our details... does it seem right to be final paying (Taxes, Reg, etc) at 90k?
I understand the 1.49 compounds as each payment is made towards the principal, however I didn't it was equate to about 3k in financing fees.
I feel like im practicing fuzzy math here. Would anyone share there costs in CA with me?

Hi @QwiksilverA4 I have made a very detailed spreadsheet with an accompanying script (you probably don't need to script). You can see it here: How to buy a CPO or New Tesla on the cheap(ish) -- With spreadsheet and script

Also is it for 60 or 72 months?

I don't think that there was a distinction on custom versus inventory. The loan officer said that was valid for a loan up to 72 months. He did mention that a credit score of 740 was a baseline requirement for qualifying for that loan. I was floored when he said that there were no other requirements other than having autopay from ANY linked bank account and you must take delivery by the end of September. Apparently they have been working with Tesla on this financing offer. This was a plan that they just unveiled on Aug 1 and will extend through the end of September. I will leave it for the people who perpetually live on the fence of buying a Tesla to speculate on what that means for what Tesla is going to change with regards to pricing/enhancements after Oct 1. October 1 is the other annual date(July 1) that people seem to mention with regards to when major changes typically happen with Tesla. In any event, if you are financing, it's worthing checking out Alliant. You have nothing to lose by getting a quote from them.

I don't think that there was a distinction on custom versus inventory. The loan officer said that was valid for a loan up to 72 months. He did mention that a credit score of 740 was a baseline requirement for qualifying for that loan. I was floored when he said that there were no other requirements other than having autopay from ANY linked bank account and you must take delivery by the end of September. Apparently they have been working with Tesla on this financing offer. This was a plan that they just unveiled on Aug 1 and will extend through the end of September. I will leave it for the people who perpetually live on the fence of buying a Tesla to speculate on what that means for what Tesla is going to change with regards to pricing/enhancements after Oct 1. October 1 is the other annual date(July 1) that people seem to mention with regards to when major changes typically happen with Tesla. In any event, if you are financing, it's worthing checking out Alliant. You have nothing to lose by getting a quote from them.

Taking delivery by the end of September is an interesting caveat. I ordered the very end of July (before the financing deal was announced), my delivery is showing Sept-early Oct. This means that if the delivery timeline is correct (I know, I know) there would be almost no chance of ordering a new build today and getting the car delivered in time to qualify for the advertised rate.

Taking delivery by the end of September is an interesting caveat. I ordered the very end of July (before the financing deal was announced), my delivery is showing Sept-early Oct. This means that if the delivery timeline is correct (I know, I know) there would be almost no chance of ordering a new build today and getting the car delivered in time to qualify for the advertised rate.

That leads me to believe that it's incentive to clear out inventory models. It could also function as a bit of a consolation prize for those of us that ordered before the new standard features and package options were rolled out since they won't allow most of us to change to a new build. Between the 0.99 and 1000 showroom discount, I've been somewhat placated that I missed the updates by a week.

Reactions: Bluejuice
I live in Texas and I think that Alliant is based somewhere else so I would speculate that state of residence doesn't matter. I don't know that definitively though. It seems to be an agreement or arrangement between Tesla and Alliant according to what the loan officer said. My state of residence was a non issue.

That leads me to believe that it's incentive to clear out inventory models. It could also function as a bit of a consolation prize for those of us that ordered before the new standard features and package options were rolled out since they won't allow most of us to change to a new build. Between the 0.99 and 1000 showroom discount, I've been somewhat placated that I missed the updates by a week.
I agree with you greywithana. I think we ordered around the same day (7/8). I received a $2500 showroom discount and along with the new .99% financing I feel good about purchasing the car when I did. Would have liked SAS, but for the delay and money it would cost now definitely not worth it. What I will be disappointed about is if they announce the 85kwh battery for same price as 75kwh on Oct. 1st! However, I expect to get what I ordered and will be extremely happy regardless!

I agree with you greywithana. I think we ordered around the same day (7/8). I received a $2500 showroom discount and along with the new .99% financing I feel good about purchasing the car when I did. Would have liked SAS, but for the delay and money it would cost now definitely not worth it. What I will be disappointed about is if they announce the 85kwh battery for same price as 75kwh on Oct. 1st! However, I expect to get what I ordered and will be extremely happy regardless!

SAS was my one hang-up too. It's the one option that, had it been available, I would have gladly paid for when I ordered my 75D. It didn't really bother me that it's included now. I just wish they'd have let me add it after-the-fact. C'est la vie. I expect that the cars improve over time and know that you can't really predict when the best time to purchase will be even though educated guesses are possible. I do agree with you on the 85 though. I'm looking forward to seeing some new 75's delivered in the US to see if they're getting 85 batteries as well. The speculation that the 75's are getting 85 batteries that we may be able to upgrade later is intriguing and would definitely make me feel better if they announce 85's in October. In any case, I'm already in love with what I'm getting. Anything that makes it better in the meantime will just make it that much better.

Reactions: Bluejuice
I live in Texas and I think that Alliant is based somewhere else so I would speculate that state of residence doesn't matter. I don't know that definitively though. It seems to be an agreement or arrangement between Tesla and Alliant according to what the loan officer said. My state of residence was a non issue.
Alliant appears to be based in Chicago (based on the signature of emails from them), so I agree residence is a non-issue. I just got approved for a new Model X loan by doing it direct with Alliant (alliantpromos.org/tesla), and was told by my local OA to apply the pre-approval on the order page by saying 'Cash' and adding a comment to the effect I had a pre-approved loan. Will be doing that tomorrow after Alliant answers a couple of logistical questions. Looks like the 0.99 is good to end of quarter (as usual), when it starts all over again. :D

Alliant appears to be based in Chicago (based on the signature of emails from them), so I agree residence is a non-issue. I just got approved for a new Model X loan by doing it direct with Alliant (alliantpromos.org/tesla), and was told by my local OA to apply the pre-approval on the order page by saying 'Cash' and adding a comment to the effect I had a pre-approved loan. Will be doing that tomorrow after Alliant answers a couple of logistical questions. Looks like the 0.99 is good to end of quarter (as usual), when it starts all over again. :D
So, there's no place to actually *say* you are using pre-approved financing in this scenario when you put in the Tesla order. I've asked my OA to update my order with the info I already have financing and to send me an updated MVPA that Alliant needs to show that they are doing the financing.

Besides that, painless. Max term is 72 months, BTW, for the 0.99% deal.