Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing - Credit offer expired, EDD pushed to June

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. I wonder if these 2 events are connected. Our credit offer expired about 4 days ago because of the long wait. I didn't think much of it and procrastinated on resubmitting the credit application. We had a Feb 17- March 17 EDD. Today the EDD shows June 2022.

I just did some searches and apparently we were supposed to choose "cash" at ordering and change to financing after getting the VIN. I didn't know that til just now. I just changed the payment method to cash. So my 2-part question is:

1. Does an expired credit offer push back the EDD?
2. After changing the payment method to cash, can I get back to my original EDD?

Thank you.

Don’t believe so and no. The reason most people left it as cash until they got a VIN was because they wanted to shop around for a better loan. If you chose financing, when you were given a VIN, your MVPA didn’t specify a VIN or anything else related to who the loan was with and just defaulted to standard Tesla financing which meant the document couldn’t be use to apply for a loan at a credit union, so to avoid all that hassle most people just left it as cash and then when they got a vin they requested it to be changed to third party financing and then put the respective lender info in they were trying to get a better rate with… at least that is what I can remember.

It is generally accepted, and you can find many examples of it happening on these forums, that expired financing or trade in values will cause your EDD to be bumped out. Generally updating or removing those expired items will cause your EDD to return to a range similar to what you had before your data expired. The suggested best practice is to set transaction to cash and not list a trade in. These items can be corrected once you get close to or actually have a VIN.

• Informative
Reactions: BGOwner
Thank yo for the replies. I changed the payment to cash yesterday, and today the EDD is showing March 10-30. That's slightly later than our original EDD, but much better than June 2022. We took a small penalty for not knowing the secret of choosing "cash". Fortunately disaster was averted because it was close to our original EDD and I was logging into the online account almost daily. The whole process is just dumb beyond words.

Thank yo for the replies. I changed the payment to cash yesterday, and today the EDD is showing March 10-30. That's slightly later than our original EDD, but much better than June 2022. We took a small penalty for not knowing the secret of choosing "cash". Fortunately disaster was averted because it was close to our original EDD and I was logging into the online account almost daily. The whole process is just dumb beyond words.
How did you change back to cash? When my EDD was changed to a 2 week window (almost past that window now), they stopped giving me an option to change anything