Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing from Wisconsin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Apologies if I’m bringing up an old subject. I searched but couldn’t find a clear answer.

I’m from Wisconsin and in the process of buying a used model s. I’ve secured my own financing through my credit Union and the loan has been funded into my checking account with them. I was planning to simply pay the full balance for the car at delivery, but this seemed to confuse my deliver advisor at the Schaumburg, IL center. He said that the credit Union usually sends the amount to them directly. That’s how I have financed previous vehicles also, so now I am confused as well. Can anyone from Wisconsin help explain this to me?

Got it, thanks! So then would I switch my form of payment to cash instead of financed on Tesla’s end? That seems to be where the confusion was on Tesla’s part. He said if I paid the full balance then they would send the title to me rather than the CU. But the car is going to be retitled and registered in Wisconsin by the CU, so maybe that doesn’t matter.

thanks for the help. Obviously this is my first out of state and Tesla buying experience.

Got it, thanks! So then would I switch my form of payment to cash instead of financed on Tesla’s end? That seems to be where the confusion was on Tesla’s part. He said if I paid the full balance then they would send the title to me rather than the CU. But the car is going to be retitled and registered in Wisconsin by the CU, so maybe that doesn’t matter.

thanks for the help. Obviously this is my first out of state and Tesla buying experience.
Yes - I believe on the Tesla site, you would specify payment in full, as Tesla gets the full price of the car from your certified check. That's how I seem to remember it from early 2019, anyway.

Ok, thank you very much! I'll get in touch with Tesla and switch my payment form from financed to pay in full.
just insure they understand completely that the check is your money....not the credit unions.......otherwise, they may send title to credit union......just tell them to title the car directly to you..... and make sure the check is a cashiers check

Thanks everyone. Hopefully it’s an easy fix to call the sales advisor and have them switch the payment to cash and transfer title to me. Then again, after some of the stories I’ve been hearing, who knows...