I'm a Model 3 reservation holder (stood in line at the local gallery on reveal day morning, in central time zone) and while browsing some inventory on Tesla.com, I found one that struck my fancy and decided I'd really rather go in for an S. My minimum requirements for purchase are AP2, Premium Upgrades, glass roof or sunroof, and any battery and drive. My minimum requirements for leasing are AP1 and a low price. I can be happy with any Tesla with Autopilot if I'm just leasing and not fully committed. So, the inventory car I was eyeing was approximately a new S75 (not D), glass roof, Enhanced Autopilot, and Premium Upgrades, plus paint and carbon fiber interior. After much anxiety I decided that I was ready to do it and started the work of weighing leases vs. loans. Ultimately, I decided that I wanted to buy, so I started applying for financing. I've applied at most of the banks/credit unions people suggest here as well as a few others, but I've not had any luck. The most I've been offered is $50,000 and several of them have just turned me down outright. I've applied for Tesla Leasing also, but they've told me that it'll be several days to get an answer on that and if the loan denials are any indication, it's not looking good. (Tesla Lending isn't available in my state.) The situation is like this: I don't have a huge amount of savings to put toward a down payment, but I'm absolutely good on a monthly payment of $1,000-1,200. The problem is--according to some who have denied me--that my credit "experience" is too low, i.e., I've never taken out a loan this large before and the loans I have taken were too small and short. Additionally, the monthly payment I'm willing to go in on is easily doable for me, but it's my understanding that they're looking for 10-15% of income as monthly payment, which mine is closer to 20 or 25%. As I said, the max up-front out-of-pocket I can realistically stomach is small (10k or less), so reducing the price with a down payment is not an option. As an aside, I also looked into taking over a lease via some of those lease swapping sites, but I'm afraid I'd run into the same situation where I'd spend the cash to get all the credit check and stuff done then end up being denied anyway. So I know there's plenty of advice like "just save up more" or "just wait until later/wait for the 3/whatever" or "be less picky and get CPO". I don't want to compromise if I'm going to spend this much cash to begin with. In this case, I feel like I really can afford this and it's not an unreasonable risk--do I really not have any options?