Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Model X options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ArmRM7

Jul 16, 2021
Texas
So im planning to finance a model X with 10K down payment and get a loan for the rest. My credit score is 740 and salary is 130K.
1-Can I finance the rest?
2-If so what is my best option?
I can put down up to 50K down in payment but I rather put only 10K down and use the other 40K for property investment.

I appreciate your response in advance.

I can advocate for the American Airlines Federal Credit Union. I was approved for a loan on my model X with a minimal down payment (I forgot what it was). I later upped the down payment to roughly 50% finance and 50% down. They called me after I modified it and said considering how much I am putting down they knocked another .5% off of the rate! I was quite happy.

A year into the loan they called me and said they are offering a free refinance to extend the current loan to 7 years. No catch, just lower monthly payments and longer payment terms. You see, they think they are going to make more money in the long run... I accepted but I took the money I saved monthly and put that towards a principal only payment. My interest payments are even less now and I am paying the loan off faster!

Upvote 0
Another tip, if they don't offer better rates with a higher down payment.. take that 50k you have and put down the minimum. (10k down 40k saved).

As we know the way interest works your first loan payment has the highest interest lowest principal, and your last loan payment is the inverse.

If you start the loan with $10k down, take that extra 40k cash and put it towards principal-only on your first month's payment. Now on month 2 your interest payment is way lower! If you do the math you save money in interest long term by paying this method vs 50k up front.

Upvote 0
I can advocate for the American Airlines Federal Credit Union. I was approved for a loan on my model X with a minimal down payment (I forgot what it was). I later upped the down payment to roughly 50% finance and 50% down. They called me after I modified it and said considering how much I am putting down they knocked another .5% off of the rate! I was quite happy.

A year into the loan they called me and said they are offering a free refinance to extend the current loan to 7 years. No catch, just lower monthly payments and longer payment terms. You see, they think they are going to make more money in the long run... I accepted but I took the money I saved monthly and put that towards a principal only payment. My interest payments are even less now and I am paying the loan off faster!
Thank you so much. I’m gonna reach out to them and see what they’ll offer me

Upvote 0