Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing options.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
dcu = delta community credit union ?? Or digital?
Digital...here's the thread with the info I used to get 2.49% this week...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Digital...here's the thread with the info I used to get 2.49% this week...

thanks for the info.
I see 2.74% currently @ DCU.

Did your 2.49 include the 0.50 off for direct deposit?
Which would make it 1.99%

Upvote 0
So I just applied for DCU to lock in a rate and was approved for 65 months at 3.24%. I'm assuming with a 0.25 EV discount this will be 65 months at 2.99%. They are asking for the "purchase and sales agreement". I wanted to lock in a rate prior to me getting a VIN (hopefully in the next few weeks). I know the rate is good for 45 days, but is there anything from Tesla I can provide them now?

Can I provide them the Motor vehicle order agreement that is in our Tesla account?

Upvote 0
So I just applied for DCU to lock in a rate and was approved for 65 months at 3.24%. I'm assuming with a 0.25 EV discount this will be 65 months at 2.99%. They are asking for the "purchase and sales agreement". I wanted to lock in a rate prior to me getting a VIN (hopefully in the next few weeks). I know the rate is good for 45 days, but is there anything from Tesla I can provide them now?

Can I provide them the Motor vehicle order agreement that is in our Tesla account?
Should be "MVPA" under Documents.

Upvote 0
curious, why is wells the worst? just got approved for Wells directly through Tesla.
Customer abuse, dishonesty, etc, etc, etc.

Wells Fargo account fraud scandal - Wikipedia

Even though they have been sanctioned, they continue to abuse customers.

When I complained about an unreasonable service charge on my checking account there, the bank representative actually threatened to accelerate my building loan to due and payable immediately for the full amount.

I took care of that. Within a week I was refinanced at another bank for 1.5% less And I haven't looked back as the bank's problems have continued to mount.

Wells Fargo is a hot mess. It has only itself to blame - CNN

Upvote 0

I see that DCU recently changed how to become a member with them. I am looking to get a loan from them for my MX coming in a month. Can anyone provide more insight on how to join? I know it used to be referral based, but it is no longer that easy!

Upvote 0
I see that DCU recently changed how to become a member with them. I am looking to get a loan from them for my MX coming in a month. Can anyone provide more insight on how to join? I know it used to be referral based, but it is no longer that easy!
I have a DCU loan. It was a mountain to climb for that discounted rate. I tried to make a deposit using my debit card. Not gonna happen. My credit card bill goes to the office address and caused problems in the verification of my home address. Tried to make a deposit with my bank account (routing and account numbers). They don't recognize PNC as a bank. I had to send them a check. I must have made applications at least seven times. If it weren't for my persistence to cross the finish line, I'd have to say it wasn't worth it. By the time I got across the finish line, the rate had raised 0.5%. Callbacks from them take about an hour or two and you have to start over with each representative who seems to work from home. You get 0.5% if you have your check go to them, but I would not be into that nightmare. To validate your existence you have to provide multiple IDs, and everything but your shoe size, including phone and electric bills (who gets those on paper - dah). Out of sheer determination, I jumped through the hoops, and made it, but had Navy Federal on hold just in case.

Now that I have my coupon book and the first payment on Jul 23, I hope things will settle down. I think I ended up with 2.49% for 65 months. Eventually, after the hoopla, Navy FCU was the same, but for 60 mo. Fasten your seatbelt. You are in for a ride. And don't forget having to contribute to one of their charities of choice. Geeez.

Reactions: unlock and nBar5EV1
Upvote 0
I have a DCU loan. It was a mountain to climb for that discounted rate. I tried to make a deposit using my debit card. Not gonna happen. My credit card bill goes to the office address and caused problems in the verification of my home address. Tried to make a deposit with my bank account (routing and account numbers). They don't recognize PNC as a bank. I had to send them a check. I must have made applications at least seven times. If it weren't for my persistence to cross the finish line, I'd have to say it wasn't worth it. By the time I got across the finish line, the rate had raised 0.5%. Callbacks from them take about an hour or two and you have to start over with each representative who seems to work from home. You get 0.5% if you have your check go to them, but I would not be into that nightmare. To validate your existence you have to provide multiple IDs, and everything but your shoe size, including phone and electric bills (who gets those on paper - dah). Out of sheer determination, I jumped through the hoops, and made it, but had Navy Federal on hold just in case.

Now that I have my coupon book and the first payment on Jul 23, I hope things will settle down. I think I ended up with 2.49% for 65 months. Eventually, after the hoopla, Navy FCU was the same, but for 60 mo. Fasten your seatbelt. You are in for a ride. And don't forget having to contribute to one of their charities of choice. Geeez.
Lol… yea no. I didn’t have any sort of experience as the above post. It’s very easy to apply and get approved within seconds. I got approved instantly (800+ score). Rate is good for 45 days. Once I got my vin I emailed them the MVPA from Tesla documents right away. I called the next day to finalize the loan which was done within minutes, literally. A check was sent to Tesla the next day and a separate check was sent to me as well and delivered (in Texas, we have to pay taxes at the tax office) so I received a separate check due to that. Once you apply for a loan, you can choose to donate and become a member. The cheapest charity to donate is $10 at which point you are now a member. Very easy and painless process for me with DCU.

My first payment is due 60 days out in august and I’ve already connected my chase account through the DCU app to be able to make my car payments. Didn’t opt for DD, so far so good for me with DCU.

Upvote 0
how does one apply, cant find Select Employee Groups to see if I would qualify
I see their rates went up... But still 2.24%
You have to join a member group they are affiliated with such as... The NC consumer council something....

I think there's a $10 or $20 min... Sign up online then you get a membership number. Use that number for your application online with CCFCU. They still do old school paper work to setup an account. So it will be mailed and then you have to send it back. Although once your account is setup the loan part is Uber quick. So just need an account setup.

Reactions: unlock and Senpai
Upvote 0
I see their rates went up... But still 2.24%
You have to join a member group they are affiliated with such as... The NC consumer council something....

I think there's a $10 or $20 min... Sign up online then you get a membership number. Use that number for your application online with CCFCU. They still do old school paper work to setup an account. So it will be mailed and then you have to send it back. Although once your account is setup the loan part is Uber quick. So just need an account setup.
thanks for the info

Upvote 0
Lol… yea no. I didn’t have any sort of experience as the above post. It’s very easy to apply and get approved within seconds. I got approved instantly (800+ score). Rate is good for 45 days. Once I got my vin I emailed them the MVPA from Tesla documents right away. I called the next day to finalize the loan which was done within minutes, literally. A check was sent to Tesla the next day and a separate check was sent to me as well and delivered (in Texas, we have to pay taxes at the tax office) so I received a separate check due to that. Once you apply for a loan, you can choose to donate and become a member. The cheapest charity to donate is $10 at which point you are now a member. Very easy and painless process for me with DCU.

My first payment is due 60 days out in august and I’ve already connected my chase account through the DCU app to be able to make my car payments. Didn’t opt for DD, so far so good With a credit score near 800

My first payment is due 60 days out in august and I’ve already connected my chase account through the DCU app to be able to make my car payments. Didn’t opt for DD, so far so good for me with DCU.
With a credit score near 800, getting approved was not the issue, Getting an account was. Perhaps if you have a bank on their list, it would be less toilsome.

Nevertheless, communication with them is still difficult and has never occurred without a call back. I applied when the interest rate was 1.99% and by the time they got it proceeded, it had gone up to 2.49%. With the loan established now, I would hope that there will be less issues.

Upvote 0
With a credit score near 800, getting approved was not the issue, Getting an account was. Perhaps if you have a bank on their list, it would be less toilsome.

Nevertheless, communication with them is still difficult and has never occurred without a call back. I applied when the interest rate was 1.99% and by the time they got it proceeded, it had gone up to 2.49%. With the loan established now, I would hope that there will be less issues.
Again, I had 0 issues setting up an account and I’ve never affiliated with them in the past so it was very easy for me. Not sure why you had this much trouble. I got through to them via phone instantly too

Upvote 0
Again, I had 0 issues setting up an account and I’ve never affiliated with them in the past so it was very easy for me. Not sure why you had this much trouble. I got through to them via phone instantly too
Got another love note from DCU today.
Unlike every bank iand credit union I know, they won't accept your valid insurance card as proof of insurance. You must contact your insurance company and have a copy of the complete policy sent directly to them or they will secure insurance for you. 😶
Another PIA. Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water, the fun continues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0