Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do I qualify if I am in CA? I notice they are not base in CA. The best I can get here is 1.89% for 72 months. 1.49% would be better even if it's only for 65 months.

They are based in MA, I live in NC. I did everything online and today I received my FedEx'd check for the purchase. This has literally been the easiest financial institution I have worked with in recent history.

Those are not the rates listed on their site? Am I missing something? Do the rates change based on LTV? (80% vs. 100%)

New and Used Car Loans | DCU | Massachusetts | New Hampshire

From your link, click on "Rates" underneath the calculator (NOT the "Rates" Tab alongside "Features" and "Details"). Then click "Vehicle Loans". Halfway down that page, you will see. So 1.74 and 2.24% minus the 0.25% Green Car discount = 1.49 and 1.99%.

Energy Efficient Auto Loans

Loans on new or used Autos, Trucks, or Vans that meet or exceed the Government's established guidelines for fuel economy (average 35 mpg). Deduct .25% from qualified rate.

They still have it (their site still advertises "Discount for energy efficient vehicles"), so your 1.74% should be 1.49%.

Just to follow up on Thursday's post, I called DCU again and they said they were going to give me 1.24% with the direct deposit and energy efficient discounts. Not sure I'll really believe it though until I receive the paperwork. I will say that the internal and external communication at DCU seems a bit wanting thus far....

Just to follow up on Thursday's post, I called DCU again and they said they were going to give me 1.24% with the direct deposit and energy efficient discounts. Not sure I'll really believe it though until I receive the paperwork. I will say that the internal and external communication at DCU seems a bit wanting thus far....

Once they mail the check, the loan shows up in Online Banking and lists the applicable rate. Mine shows up and has 1.49% on it.

Does anyone know how long the quotes last for? I'm about to order a 85D (or 6-8 weeks out). Think most places will give you a 30 day lock only...

For DCU, officially there is no lock and the approval is only valid for 30 days. The rate doesn't lock until the loan is "funded" (i.e., checks are cut). That said, someone upthread got them to honor the 1.24% rate that was in effect when he/she applied. It was and still is 1.49% when I applied, so I didn't have to go through anything.

OK, I was just looking at their website and the max the slider would go was $50K. Maybe I should call them to see how much they are willing to loan out at 1.49% for 65 months @ my income level with pretty much 100% financing. Now if only the correct tesla came along.

Oh, you were looking at the calculator. Yes, the calculator only goes to $50k. It has no bearing on the limits they use though.