Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone currently offering rates better than 1.49%. Alliant and Energy are no longer competitive, having raised their rates from the glory days or yesterday. I believe Mary at Energy told me they could do 1.49, but only up to around 60k. DFCU goes as low as 1.49% - 65 months - 100% financed. Can anyone find anything better than this at the moment?

I used Digital Federal Credit Union and includes tax. Good luck!

Thanks Cyclone. I've been following a lot of your posts re: your cpo purchase. I was on the fence cpo vs private sale vs inventory vs ordering new. A few weeks ago my SC called and asked if I wanted to have a 70D for the weekend as an extended test drive. After I took it back I pulled the trigger and ordered a new 85D. I pushed delivery to December to give me some time to get my STI back to stock and sell it or prepare it for trade in.

Alliant qualified me for 100% but I didn't ask if it was tax. I'm guessing not since DCU specifically shows up to 110%. I'm just trying to figure out what I'll need to spend in the coming months to buy the car, get winter tires, xpel, etc. :)

Thanks Cyclone. I've been following a lot of your posts re: your cpo purchase. I was on the fence cpo vs private sale vs inventory vs ordering new. A few weeks ago my SC called and asked if I wanted to have a 70D for the weekend as an extended test drive. After I took it back I pulled the trigger and ordered a new 85D. I pushed delivery to December to give me some time to get my STI back to stock and sell it or prepare it for trade in.

Alliant qualified me for 100% but I didn't ask if it was tax. I'm guessing not since DCU specifically shows up to 110%. I'm just trying to figure out what I'll need to spend in the coming months to buy the car, get winter tires, xpel, etc. :)

Glad I've been of help! They let me finance 110% of the post-tax amount. That covered the extras for me too! It's a good plan. Good luck!

From live chat with a DCU rep:-
- Website lists 1.99 for 65 mo term, max loan amount listed is $50k
- Clarifications: Max loan amount does not have a ceiling of 50k as listed on website, there is a .25% rate discount for a checking account with a direct deposit for loan payments.
So one could finance 100% of the car price (including sales tax I believe, however the rep could not clarify this) for 1.74% APR for 65 mo.

From live chat with a DCU rep:-
- Website lists 1.99 for 65 mo term, max loan amount listed is $50k
- Clarifications: Max loan amount does not have a ceiling of 50k as listed on website, there is a .25% rate discount for a checking account with a direct deposit for loan payments.
So one could finance 100% of the car price (including sales tax I believe, however the rep could not clarify this) for 1.74% APR for 65 mo.

Do they still offer another .25% rate discount for "Green" vehicles? I have their 1.49% APR for 65 mo. loan, which was 1.74% - .25% Green discount. But then, I was also able to finance 110%. Thing seem like they are still pretty close there. I have to say, they really have a very nice integrated system. I know many banks have "online" systems and they work very haphazardly. DCU seems to do a very good job towards being paperless and having these systems work well together.

I do recall asking the rep about EV discount, and if 1.99 was the best rate. She mentioned .25 % discount for a relationship account + direct deposit. So I suppose the EV discount is gone now..
Do they still offer another .25% rate discount for "Green" vehicles? I have their 1.49% APR for 65 mo. loan, which was 1.74% - .25% Green discount. But then, I was also able to finance 110%. Thing seem like they are still pretty close there. I have to say, they really have a very nice integrated system. I know many banks have "online" systems and they work very haphazardly. DCU seems to do a very good job towards being paperless and having these systems work well together.

I just got approved for a loan from DCU.org with 1.99% 60mo, pretty much as all others, this with 0.25% EV discount included. I could have gotten 1.43% but that would require that I directly deposit my paychecks to them. Their website is very advanced, I could scan in documents easily and they answer phones quickly. Membership was $25 with a donation to the local schools. Overall I am pleased.

Logix does offer loans in Maine and have offered me a deal which is better than most but they are not willing to work with TM because of the physical handling of the MCO and Bill of Sale. Logix offers loans in AZ, CA, DC, MA, MD, ME, NH, NV, VA. I suspect they will have the same issue with sales in New Hampshire. Their loss, really.

Logix does offer loans in Maine and have offered me a deal which is better than most but they are not willing to work with TM because of the physical handling of the MCO and Bill of Sale. Logix offers loans in AZ, CA, DC, MA, MD, ME, NH, NV, VA. I suspect they will have the same issue with sales in New Hampshire. Their loss, really.

So Logix won't give you a loan if you are buying a new or used Tesla? I've seen some members mention them before.

So Logix won't give you a loan if you are buying a new or used Tesla? I've seen some members mention them before.

Yes they do make loans for Teslas, the issue in ME (and by analogy, NH) is their concern for the possibility of not receiving the title. For new cars sold in these states the MCO AND BOS are mailed to the buyer who then registers the car locally and only then does the state send a title to Logix as the lien holder. In the other states in which Logix operates, the TM store arranges the registration and the title generation is not in the hands of the buyer. The lien holder is listed on the documents provided so I would think the legal recourse is the same either way, but I am not a lawyer. This is what they say and I personally think it is ridiculous but I am not a banker either.