Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Rates on Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At what stage in the process do you apply/lock in your rate? TIA

When you go into financing section of the portal it says 30-60 days prior.
When my advisor called two weeks ago and said I need to do that, I reminded him of that and he said I was within that window and to go ahead an secure payment. He told me then I was 15-30 days out from deliver. Today is day 15, so I guess I have 15 days left....hopefully. :)

I have been given no indication of when my delivery will be but Tesla texted me last week to let me know I needed to complete delivery and financing information.

Is this an indication I'm within the 30 day window?

For reference I accepted 2.24% 72 month financing on $49k provided by Tesla via Chase.

I got the text notification that if I wanted my Y in June to complete my payment method, so I did, and I got back Wells Fargo 60 months at 2.75%
I emailed [email protected] and requested my application be submitted to JP Morgan Chase.
They responded and said Chase won't fund in Ohio where I am taking delivery, I live in Michigan.... so stupid.
My Credit Union best rate is 2.99.

How are you guys getting better than the advertised 2.69% at BoA? Are you including preferred rewards discounts in your lower numbers or are you able to get lower numbers by speaking with someone?

Can't speak for the others- but yes I got a preferred rewards reduction so I'm 2.4% for 72 months... Filled out the form, got approved online, called to give VIN, etc- all done in under 2 days and the day I signed Tesla said they got the money hours later.

Funny right... when it comes to money it takes so long to make it, takes so little time to lose it... ;)

I got the text notification that if I wanted my Y in June to complete my payment method, so I did, and I got back Wells Fargo 60 months at 2.75%
I emailed [email protected] and requested my application be submitted to JP Morgan Chase.
They responded and said Chase won't fund in Ohio where I am taking delivery, I live in Michigan.... so stupid.

Tell them to try US Bank. Chase doesn’t fund in Utah either but US came back at 2.49 for 100% financed

Reactions: krcossin
Hi krcossin,

I can’t believe we are on the exact same page. I got same rate with WF and I got same Email response from Tesla finance since I’m picking up in Cleveland from Michigan. I don’t understand why chase don’t do finance extending in OH, although I’m from Michigan.

They also quote me with US Bank for 2.49% 60 months which is not bad. Comparing to chase auto 2.24% for 60 months that someone else got, that’s about 300 bucks more.

I also checked with them if I can change delivery to Chicago so I can go by chase. They came back I have to talk to sales whether I can still change it at now.

Hi krcossin,

I can’t believe we are on the exact same page. I got same rate with WF and I got same Email response from Tesla finance since I’m picking up in Cleveland from Michigan. I don’t understand why chase don’t do finance extending in OH, although I’m from Michigan.

They also quote me with US Bank for 2.49% 60 months which is not bad. Comparing to chase auto 2.24% for 60 months that someone else got, that’s about 300 bucks more.

I also checked with them if I can change delivery to Chicago so I can go by chase. They came back I have to talk to sales whether I can still change it at now.

Oscar that is so cool, please keep me posted on your progress, I'll send you a message with my contact info.

brinox:

I live in Michigan delivery at Cleveland, Ohio; I ordered January 19, 2020 ($2,500 deposit) Model Y AWD LR Pearl White with white interior Gemini.
US Bank 60 months at 2.49%

Update:
Checked with sales and came back saying I can change to Chicago delivery since I don’t have a VIN assigned yet. However, they can’t get my registration for Michigan together. I still have to go to Cleveland if I choose Tesla lending.

Bummer.. Tesla in Michigan.

I’ll just take US Bank offer with 2.49% 60mons.

Hi krcossin,

Applied a few minutes ago with Everence and I was instantly approved for 2.49% will call them tomorrow to avail the 0.50 for “green car” promo they have and hopefully that will get me at 1.99%

anyone successful with lowering it to 1.99?

Applied a few minutes ago with Everence and I was instantly approved for 2.49% will call them tomorrow to avail the 0.50 for “green car” promo they have and hopefully that will get me at 1.99%

anyone successful with lowering it to 1.99?

update:

Pre-approved under Everence:
2.49 for 72 months
1.99 for 60 months

Opted for 1.99 for 60 months saved around 2k

waiting for tesla to respond if they can match. I doubt.