TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

Discussion in 'Canada' started by pbrulott, Dec 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

They dropped financing to 1.49%????

• Helpful x 2
  2. mazeminder

mazeminder Member

For the 6-year loan, yes. The 8-year is still 1.99%

3. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

Damn, my 8 year term that started in april is 2.49...the 6 year at 1.49 is a no brainer. Anyone know if its possible to change?

4. Birdman325

Birdman325 Member

I was at the Yorkdale store last night and they told me that the only way (now) to get the 1.49% / 1.99% is if you buy an inventory car, because you need to take delivery by end of September for the lower finance rate. Any custom orders as of now, will not be September delivery but will be October delivery and are no longer eligible for those rates (seems to be back up to 3% +). So I was told.

5. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

They gave the same spiel "Lower financing rate" when it was 2.49 (8yr) /2.24 (6yr)

6. Birdman325

Birdman325 Member

I just checked the website and custom orders now show October delivery (not Sept) but the financing page still shows 1.49% available

7. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

Only for 72 months or less. 84 months 1.74. 96 months 1.99.

8. ytwytw

ytwytw Member

Tesla raise the interest rate for financing by 0.5%

8 years 2.49%
    6 years 1.99%

Still not too bad but it’s extra 3000 dollars on 8 years for model x

9. Birdman325

Birdman325 Member

Even with the exchange, it seems like the lease deals available in the US are far superior to any Tesla lease deals available in Canada. On the US Tesla website, when you look at inventory cars, it actually shows you the lease terms of that particular vehicle, and they don't seem that high (relatively speaking). Any X I look at here in Canada is at least $2,300 / month on a lease (48 months apx). Based on what I have seen for some comparably priced cars, (MSRP), that does not seem competitive.

10. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

Tesla is not subsidizing leases the way other OEM’s do.

11. sakimano

sakimano Active Member

other car companies subsidize leases? That hasn't been my experience. Most companies over estimate depreciation so that your lease payments are higher in order to protect themselves. Tesla is the same...the lease residuals on normal cars (non P100D etc which depreciate rapidly) are far lower than is realistic. To that end, taking over someone's lease when they're more than half way through is a great way to buy a Tesla at a discount.

12. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

It not the price they subsidize it’s the interest rates and high residuals. Makes it an attractive monthly payment. Take a similarly priced (whatever car) term of lease and check out the monthly payments and the residuals. Compare with Tesla and Tesla’s payments are higher.

13. claudelaval

claudelaval Member

We used a mortgage for 5 years that way the interest is protected for 5 years...

• Helpful x 1
  14. Hawesome

Hawesome Member

sorry if this was missed, but are these finance options through Tesla open to be paid off, or drop lump sums?

15. aslam

aslam Member

@Hawesome I'm not sure but I've asked my Tesla Financing rep this question and will report back once I hear. My MS is supposed to be delivered this month and so he's been fairly responsive to my queries. Stay tuned.

16. Bluewish

Bluewish Member

My OA said yes but I will need to see the contract to confirm.

17. Sc0rPs

Sc0rPs Member

My X was just delivered last week, and the current rate was 1.99% for 6 years.

18. MrShakeHands

MrShakeHands Member

Did you get the 100 battery pack?

19. Sc0rPs

Sc0rPs Member

Yes sir I did :). Now just installing dash cam & will be getting a wrap done...

20. bluelines

bluelines Member

I just got 1.49%. They dropped the rate to offset the loss of the Ontario rebate. I think only on 100s and for max 72 months.

• Informative x 1