Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday the rates were 2.7% for 72 months or less and 3.15% for 84-96 months.

Today, Tesla website is now showing 3.10 for <72 and 3.50 for 84-96 months. Is this December rates?
oh man, that's a big jump from what I was approved at 2.85% for 96 months but it's now expired. Might adjust my term for lower rates :(

If only my stupid order moved quicker...😭

Not sure if it was already mentioned in this thread, but does anyone know if the loan rate is locked in for a certain number of days? (ie: like a mortgage approval).

I got my loan approval on November 1st with November rates, and my delivery date is on December 17th. There's nothing in my order portal that says that the rate expired, so I'm wondering, would I still eligible for the rate that was provided to me when I got approved?

Thanks in advance!

Not sure if it was already mentioned in this thread, but does anyone know if the loan rate is locked in for a certain number of days? (ie: like a mortgage approval).

I got my loan approval on November 1st with November rates, and my delivery date is on December 17th. There's nothing in my order portal that says that the rate expired, so I'm wondering, would I still eligible for the rate that was provided to me when I got approved?

Thanks in advance!
It said right on my order summary, bottom of the page right below Additional credits,

"Loan approvals are valid for up to 90 days and rates are valid for 30 days from the application date."

Reactions: Ferdz
Damn, missed out on the good November rates... Has anyone had success (or is it heavily YMMV) with getting a better rate by going to the banks themselves? I recall reading a post either here or on another forum about calling Scotia/RBC directly and getting a better rate...

Reactions: DK7519
It's hard to keep up with all the price increases and interest changes for these vehicles. Sucks that the rates are all over 3% now. If I get around to ordering one next year I shudder to think what the car will cost and if Tesla financing is viable.

So guys,

Reiterating my situation hoping for someone in a similar situation or has been through a similar situation can comment/provide input:

Ordered Nov 26 2021 - EDD of June 2022
Selected the Finance option (my mistake i know, i shouldve chosen the Cash option now and THEN selected finance closer to Delivery/VIN date)
Got Finance approval - Scotia, 3.1 percent.

Should I "accept " this loan rate now - even though this is only valid for 90 days and I wont be getting the car anytime within 90days?

Ive noticed my Credit Score hasnt taken a hit yet?
I do see the inquiry on my profile but the score number is still the same.

Why would your credit score take a hit?
Any application for credit - car loan, regular loan, mortgage, new credit card, heck even getting a post paid contract thru Rogers, bell or any cell carrier etc - is a hard check on your credit profile...

The "hit" drops your score about 15 to 25 points - how much it really drops on a myriad of factors which I don't have in depth knowledge of.

Hence why I said my score shows up as the same even though I see "SCOTIA AUTO LOANS" made a "hard" inquiry on my profile...

Anyone in a situation like this?
What happens if I decline the loan now? And reapply closer to June 2022?

changes for these vehicles. Sucks that the rates are all over 3% now. If I get around to ordering one next year I shudder to think what the car will cost and if
It said right on my order summary, bottom of the page right below Additional credits,

"Loan approvals are valid for up to 90 days and rates are valid for 30 days from the application date."
Not my experience. I got approved for financing Nov 2nd. Then it asked me to update on Nov 21 and again just now Dec 9. Didn’t let me hold the rate for 30 days and it keeps going up and down and up

I was supposed to pick up the car on Nov 17 but whole thing didn’t work out

Hey,

What do you guys think of me switching my method of payment from Cash to Loan today ?

My EDD is Feb 6-March 6. I just want to know if it's worth it to lock the current interest rate rather than wait and apply later.

Hey,

What do you guys think of me switching my method of payment from Cash to Loan today ?

My EDD is Feb 6-March 6. I just want to know if it's worth it to lock the current interest rate rather than wait and apply later.
You can not lock the current interest rate. Rates are only valid for 30 days. They will update the rate close to delivery.

• Disagree
Reactions: cdswm3