Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is yours inventory vehicle?

It is a former service loaner. Taking a bit of a gamble, since I haven't seen it in person (it's in Montreal), but they seem to have tons of 100Ds that were not eligible for the incentive because mileage was over 2k. I was told the 1.49% verbally, and then when I received the loan email it said 1.99%. They changed it to 1.49% with no problem when I pointed it out.

Demo cars must have each trip in a log book and maximum 15000 km to quality for the rebate.

See the FAQ
Electric Vehicle Incentive Program (EVIP) Questions and Answers

2000 km is not the actual limit, it's just the limit before Tesla would need to have done "effort" to comply with the program until 15000 km reached.

I can see how they would do that with test drive cars, but it seems like it would be impossible with service loaners. Either way, the EVIP is dead now so it's a moot point.

Just wondering what kind of financing options that I might have for the Model 3 and possible rates from financial institutions. Can anyone provide some insights?

I’d also appreciate hearing others’ thoughts on this. I understand that past Canadian financing rates that have been shared in this thread were for Model S / X. Hoping we can anticipate somewhat similar (or at least not significantly higher) rates for the Model 3...

I’d also appreciate hearing others’ thoughts on this. I understand that past Canadian financing rates that have been shared in this thread were for Model S / X. Hoping we can anticipate somewhat similar (or at least not significantly higher) rates for the Model 3...

I've not seen any M3 rates published anywhere, but as of Jan 1, Tesla did have two sets of rates in Canada for the MS (and I think MX as well) based on the battery pack configuration. The 75D rates were 1% more than the rates for the 100D. So they seem to have been experimenting with different rates for different vehicles (or at least different configurations of the same vehicle). To me, that would mean that they may be more likely to allow for different rates for the M3 than for the MS/MX. But that is pure, wild speculation and not backed up by any known fact. Therefore, take it as such.

So what are the rates on the 75D That Tesla provides right now?

@rainforest 75D rates are 1% higher than the 100D rates. I've posted both sets of rates here:

Historical Tesla Financing Rates in Canada

Those rates were originally valid only until the end of Feb but were since extended till the end of March. I started that thread hoping it would be a longer term documentation of historical Tesla Financing rates that would help future buyers. The first post has been made a wiki post, however I unfortunately still can't update the first post because my user privileges don't allow for that. I already have more than 100 posts on TMC but for now my user status still doesn't allow for updating of wiki posts. As soon as my status does, I will update that table accordingly.

Has anyone inquired with any banks regarding interest rates for auto loans recently? I asked CIBC and I just laughed at the ridiculous rate they quoted that were "typical" for their auto loans before even looking at my profile. So I passed on that.

Even with a HELOC, they were only offering a promo rate of 3.45% for a short period and then it bumps up a full point which makes it worse than Tesla's 3.9% for the Model 3.