Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They typically lowball their own brand more than anything else.

Perhaps, but the trade in value on the ICE I traded in on the S back in 2013 was also very low.

I think they do this for two reasons. If they take Tesla trades they don’t wholesale them out. They have all the admin internally to sell it used. Plus having a bunch of Tesla trades reselling on the used section of their website cuts into new Tesla sales.

My trade was 5 years old with 160,000 km. Very clean and well maintained car, but still pretty old. Tesla told me they would put $20k into it and sell it as a CPO which I don't believe for a minute. First of all, I don't know what they could possibly spend $20k on and second of all, I've never seen Tesla or any dealer sell a car that old with that high mileage used, let alone CPO. They would simply wholesale it. Nonetheless, I got more than double the trade in offer by selling myself.

My order is in for the model 3 and planning to go through Tesla arranged financing. Is there anything out there better than the 4% tesla is offering?

My secured LOC is at least 4% right now so leaning towards going with Tesla for convenience.

My order is in for the model 3 and planning to go through Tesla arranged financing. Is there anything out there better than the 4% tesla is offering?

My secured LOC is at least 4% right now so leaning towards going with Tesla for convenience.

Plus a Tesla financing rate will be locked and most LOC/HELOC interest rates float. The market is expecting interest rate increases this year. Possible 2.

Plus a Tesla financing rate will be locked and most LOC/HELOC interest rates float. The market is expecting interest rate increases this year. Possible 2.

So basically HELOC should be out of the question, only a car loan from a financial institution or Tesla should be considered I guess.
Anyone beat Tesla's 3.9 yet?

3.9% is the best and latest I heard from anyone in Canada. But Tesla inside sales told me that they dot want to commit to any % as it changes too frequently. so I doubt if Tesla still holds 3.9% by the time Canadians receive VIN numbers.

Why not? Bank of Canada held interest rates status quo last meeting. Inflation is low. They will go up but not in the short term. And when they do it will a quarter point. Personally I believe anyone taking delivery in the next few months will finance at the current rates. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Pescakl1
Hey guys, for those of you in BC: Its really unfortunate the the BC Scrap It program says "All of the Tesla Model 3 incentives for 2018 have been claimed. We do not have any more $6,000 incentives for the model 3 available."

Does anyone know if this program would reinstate another quota for 2019? I just got my invite now, and I dont know what to do. I'm also wondering if the CEV 5000 rebate will still be available by 2019. Or if I should just grab the 5000 now and order the car.

Hey guys, for those of you in BC: Its really unfortunate the the BC Scrap It program says "All of the Tesla Model 3 incentives for 2018 have been claimed. We do not have any more $6,000 incentives for the model 3 available."

Does anyone know if this program would reinstate another quota for 2019? I just got my invite now, and I dont know what to do. I'm also wondering if the CEV 5000 rebate will still be available by 2019. Or if I should just grab the 5000 now and order the car.

Assuming they offer it the same way again in 2019, it's my understanding that each dealership/Tesla sales centre only gets 10 Scrap It rebates per year. Up to you in terms of whether or not you'd want to take the gamble of being one of the lucky 10.