Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You'll get your credit terms on your My Account login, and then a few hours later the Tesla Regional Credit Analyst in California, will E-mail you with more of the breakdown of what will be due at time of delivery. I did the financing Wednesday night at about 9:30pm, and Thursday 11:30am I checked my Tesla account and saw that I was approved, and then about 1pm I got the E-mail from the analyst.

• Helpful
Reactions: Zirak
You'll get your credit terms on your My Account login, and then a few hours later the Tesla Regional Credit Analyst in California, will E-mail you with more of the breakdown of what will be due at time of delivery. I did the financing Wednesday night at about 9:30pm, and Thursday 11:30am I checked my Tesla account and saw that I was approved, and then about 1pm I got the E-mail from the analyst.
Ah I see, entered 15% on the initial credit approval form, but can I enter the actual amount I will be putting down later on? (I'll be putting more than 15%).

The application allowed me to put 0% down and was approved. I thought $5000 was required but is that just in the US? Haven’t spoken with the financial advisor through Tesla yet so not sure if that will be changed or if they will actually approve 0 down. Any idea?

So my Delivery guy reached out and contacted one of the FInance guys and I've gone back and forth with him on length of term, specific monthly payments I want. They're extremely helpful. You can just email back and forth.

Reactions: 03DSG

Could you be a bit more specific about the location of the credit-related info? Is it near your VIN/RN?

My insurance is asking for the "finance name and address details". I'm using RBC through Tesla to finance the car so i assume it's RBC but what would you think the address would be?

I’m not sure if we get the final contract before delivery. It may be part of the delivery paperwork requiring signing. I didn’t ask the credit analyst when I called him.
I just emailed the finance guy in California who's been quoting me on rates then. see what he says.

Got response already if anyone needs it.
Royal Bank of Canada
155 Wellington St W
Toronto, ON
M5J 1J1

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Tony_YYZ and 03DSG
I gave my $3200 deposit on April 28th, and am now in a holding pattern pending them reaching out on finance and trade in. A VIN# was assigned ~2-3 days after I gave the deposit. How long did it take others for them to post the financing docs? Am finding it odd, if they were ready for me and have assigned a VIN#, what's taking so long for logistics?