Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla sent me their July rates yesterday:

upload_2018-7-23_14-28-36.png

These are way better than what my bank (BMO) has offered. Seems because I don't own a house I get penalized. That's a pain because I choose to rent, have an 899/900 Equifax rating, and own 7-figures in investments. o_O

Wow, that was quick - approved online in 24 hours:

View attachment 319493

Note that my taxes due is messed up like some others have noticed since the web interface recently changed; Tesla's aware and is in the process of fixing the site.

Did you already received your invite to apply for the financing through Tesla? If you don’t mind me asking, what configuration do you have?

Did you already received your invite to apply for the financing through Tesla? If you don’t mind me asking, what configuration do you have?

I had committed to pay cash when I ordered June 28th. I inquired about a loan via Tesla the end of last week, got a reply Sunday, and by yesterday was approved. My config is in my tagline (viewable in desktop browser), and more details are in this thread.

• Informative
Reactions: phtp
Thanks for sharing. Seems like they are prioritizing the east coast first unless you were a previous Tesla owner?

No, not previous owner. Still, I haven't had the promised email order confirmation from the Tesla sales person who called me yesterday, just this financing approved - which is a different interaction - so we'll see just how quick the next steps will actually be!

• Informative
Reactions: phtp
Tesla sent me their July rates yesterday:

View attachment 319470

These are way better than what my bank (BMO) has offered. Seems because I don't own a house I get penalized. That's a pain because I choose to rent, have an 899/900 Equifax rating, and own 7-figures in investments. o_O
Ditto for me, but with RBC. The branch said they couldn’t come close to matching the rates (with the same bank!) offered through Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: jkirkwood001
I had committed to pay cash when I ordered June 28th. I inquired about a loan via Tesla the end of last week, got a reply Sunday, and by yesterday was approved. My config is in my tagline (viewable in desktop browser), and more details are in this thread.
If you don't mind me asking, how did you inquire? I ordered mine around the same time and would like to know who to get in touch with.

Thanks.