Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this was mentioned here before that approval loans are valid for 30 days. I had this confirmed by someone at financing and was informed that an inside delivery advisor will reach out when they're closer to delivery.

Seems like east coast might be getting their's soon since jkirkwood001 and akaluana had their financials updated.

I think this was mentioned here before that approval loans are valid for 30 days. I had this confirmed by someone at financing and was informed that an inside delivery advisor will reach out when they're closer to delivery.

Seems like east coast might be getting their's soon since jkirkwood001 and akaluana had their financials updated.

I haven't heard anything since my order was confirmed and financing approved on July 23rd. I pinged my DA Sunday - no response.

I fear I'm in the same boat as many others who's hopes were raised. I realize many others haven't even had the call, so I'm not complaining. Considering I reserved Jan 16, 2018, logically I've got to assume there are still many who will pay for AWD / Performance before me, especially as Tesla is surely focused now on delivering maximum to US to save owners there the full US gov rebate.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: akaluana and phtp
I got 3.49 for 72months on a Model S from Tesla/RBC.... is it possible to get better elsewhere?

I couldn't get close from BMO, I think because (I choose) to not own a house / have a mortgage. I have an 899/900 Equifax rating, and the Tesla approval process seemed to only look at that, so I got their better rate (and it was really quick and painless to get, unlike BMO).

Confirming that. I had my “edit” link removed & so contacted Tesla Finance asking about starting the financing process. They gave me the “only valid for 30 days, wait for your DA to contact you” line.
Edit link removed doesn't mean anything. I had mine removed in July. The financing application where you submit in your info and do a hard credit check is what counts.

Got my credit done on the 26th Sept Got notice next day that I was approved RBC at 3.92% 60 months. Got nothing since. Although my wall connector was installed Friday. I'm good to go. Whenever that is.

edit button disappeared at same time as they asked for credit info.