Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2018-12-4_21-21-51.png

Updated rates for December.

I was told this weekend when i did a test drive in Mtl that it was 3.75% for up to 72months and 4.25% for 84/96 months with Scotia. Has anyone managed to get better rates thru their regular Bank ?

I just got approved for terms of 4% for 84 months with RBC but I sent them an email inquiring if they are willing to give me the same approved terms with Scotia as I am with Scotia for regular banking

Hi, I bought a Tesla Model 3 early Jan 2019. I got RBC rate of 4.36% for 72 months. Why do they offer these various rates? are you supposed to negotiate? When I asked the Tesla sales person he said this is the best rate. Should I negotiate with RBC or ask Scotia and then perhaps switch? Please advise. Many Thanks!

Hi, I bought a Tesla Model 3 early Jan 2019. I got RBC rate of 4.36% for 72 months. Why do they offer these various rates? are you supposed to negotiate? When I asked the Tesla sales person he said this is the best rate. Should I negotiate with RBC or ask Scotia and then perhaps switch? Please advise. Many Thanks!
Hello,

Concerning the rates Tesla in partnering with a bank the rates varies depending on how long you will repay back the loan and of course the interest rate at the time you ask for the loan. Also, FYI, my personal bank is RBC and when I called them directly for an auto loan they were quoting me a ridiculous 6.7% for 60 months. The guy at RBC say the lowest rate will always be with the auto manufacturer...

Reactions: Pescakl1
Hello,

Concerning the rates Tesla in partnering with a bank the rates varies depending on how long you will repay back the loan and of course the interest rate at the time you ask for the loan. Also, FYI, my personal bank is RBC and when I called them directly for an auto loan they were quoting me a ridiculous 6.7% for 60 months. The guy at RBC say the lowest rate will always be with the auto manufacturer...

Hi,
Thanks for the response. I understand the rates will be high going directly with the banks. But how can the loan rate from Tesla be different within a week for the same loan period.

Hi, your rate also looks good. I guess the rates in Toronto are not good because I got 4.36% for 72 months from Tesla Lawrence recently. Anybody bought from Tesla Lawrence recently and got a better finance rate?
I just got a quote back for 3.75% for 60 months, but at yorkdale.
Supposed to pick up the car at Lawrence but still haven't gotten a call for delivery when my guy said they should call today...