Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I placed my order for a Model 3 LR AWD and I'm trying to make sense of the "Loan arranged through Tesla" option. The "Est. Amount Due" is astronomical. $14560! I expected this number to be $5000 (min. downpayment) + Fees ($1300 (freight) + $100 (ac) + $10 (omvic) + $200 (license) - $3200 (Deposit)) = $3240, maybe a little bit more if there's HST on the misc. fees.

It looks like they're not allowing financing for the taxes? I've purchased several new vehicles, albeit not from Tesla, and I've always been able to include taxes in the financing. This really changes the picture for me. Coming up with an extra $11k on short notice will be very difficult.

Can anyone confirm if they've been able to finance the taxes portion? Does this get magically resolved with the final paperwork? I have not reached out to Tesla nor the financing partner to discuss this yet... wanted to get some insights from you all first!

Hi all, I placed my order for a Model 3 LR AWD and I'm trying to make sense of the "Loan arranged through Tesla" option. The "Est. Amount Due" is astronomical. $14560! I expected this number to be $5000 (min. downpayment) + Fees ($1300 (freight) + $100 (ac) + $10 (omvic) + $200 (license) - $3200 (Deposit)) = $3240, maybe a little bit more if there's HST on the misc. fees.

It looks like they're not allowing financing for the taxes? I've purchased several new vehicles, albeit not from Tesla, and I've always been able to include taxes in the financing. This really changes the picture for me. Coming up with an extra $11k on short notice will be very difficult.

Can anyone confirm if they've been able to finance the taxes portion? Does this get magically resolved with the final paperwork? I have not reached out to Tesla nor the financing partner to discuss this yet... wanted to get some insights from you all first!

I've financed using tesla (RBC) and the taxes were included... You could change the down payment amount so I would contact them to let them know you wanted the downpayment to be $5k

It was showing the same for me when I did my order and complete the financing step. But it changed back to a normal 5000$ deposit after I was approved for the loan.

When filling out the finance application - can you still change (increase) how much you put down as a deposit? Right now I have my car in as a trade. But the $$ they offered was low so I'm going to try and sell it privately.

And i intend to put more cash down too. But I haven't finalized how much (depends on how much I sell privately for).

If rates are going up. I want to try and get the approval in and done before next week.

But unclear when numbers are finalized....

Also have an issue that the site only shows my name. But registration and loan will be in my name and my wife's. But again - not sure how final it is when you submit the app from Tesla's site.

April rates:

6L5Bexj.png