Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My account was showing 4.25% 96months from Scotiabank (approval done end of March). Stayed that way in April until this week when I finalized my down payment amount with Finance team via email.

When they updated the down payment amount it also changed my finance rate to 4.04% from Scotiabank.

Of course my delivery date is set for early May and my pre-approval was good for 30days. So will expire before then and need to be renewed.

Through RBC? That looks lie Scotia's April rate:

6L5Bexj.png

From my conversations with Tesla today - I would say this is also the rate for May. :) RBC is matching Scotia - fyi.

Quick question just in case someone else did this:

I was thinking of meeting with my bank and get a car loan that would cover everything: charger, deposit etc. Then I would file for the Federal and Provincial incentives and pay that back.

Has anyone used this approach? Any advice?

I currently drive a Kia Soul EV 2016 and was looking towards the Soul EV 2020. It looks like it will be cheaper but if I buy the Model 3 that would be the car. I mean that would be it, I would drive it until it dies. I feel I cant do this commitment with Kia. My current soul is a lease.

Quick question just in case someone else did this:

I was thinking of meeting with my bank and get a car loan that would cover everything: charger, deposit etc. Then I would file for the Federal and Provincial incentives and pay that back.

Has anyone used this approach? Any advice?

I currently drive a Kia Soul EV 2016 and was looking towards the Soul EV 2020. It looks like it will be cheaper but if I buy the Model 3 that would be the car. I mean that would be it, I would drive it until it dies. I feel I cant do this commitment with Kia. My current soul is a lease.
Depending on your bank, you may get shut down.

My bank said flat out they would not help with car financing, and the only way to get those type of loans is to have the dealer (or Tesla in this case) contact the bank.

I got a call from Tesla today telling me my request for SR+ financing has been declined by both lenders (RBC and Scotiabank), due to my temporary resident status in Canada (my family is here on a work permit, and we've applied for a PR, but still waiting). I was offered to either have a co-applicant who's a citizen or PR on my loan application, or cancel the order, get the deposit back and make a new order once I obtain a PR status. I am a bit bummed but will cancel this order and wait a few months before placing a new order.