Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Provincial taxes are not included, not all fees appear to be there. I would like to have an idea of what the final pricing looks like.
I have seen people posting their final pricing here which is why I asked.

Attachments

• BA56EB8A-C5CC-49D0-A77D-612F2547848A.jpeg
    BA56EB8A-C5CC-49D0-A77D-612F2547848A.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 400
  • AFB8561F-FD11-46BC-B163-2740FEA44512.jpeg
    AFB8561F-FD11-46BC-B163-2740FEA44512.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 365
Quick Question - my financing approval just showed up and it is with RBC. Assuming the rate isn't worse, I'd prefer Scotia because I already do business with them. Do I just call Tesla and ask if they can get approval with Scotia? Also, since I think it's unlikely that I'll have y car before the 30 day approval expires, does it even matter at this point?

Quick Question - my financing approval just showed up and it is with RBC. Assuming the rate isn't worse, I'd prefer Scotia because I already do business with them. Do I just call Tesla and ask if they can get approval with Scotia? Also, since I think it's unlikely that I'll have y car before the 30 day approval expires, does it even matter at this point?

I had the same case (primary banking with Scotia). I emailed the Tesla finance team (email should be on that page somewhere) and asked. They immediately flipped me over to Scotiabank no issue.

Thanks - did the same and it took them less than 10 minutes to respond that they moved me to Scotia. Same terms.

I actually found the finance team were more responsive than my DA. So I ended up asking them to set the down payment amount etc. My mistake was emailing my DA a week later and asking her to update my down payment amount. When I showed up for pickup it wasn't updated.

So. Get the finance folks to do it.

Hey guys, so I did my financing with RBC and got a really high interest rate of 7%+, which makes sense for my age. However, I can get the car co-signed with a family member which I am assuming will lower the rates? If it can lower the rates, how do I apply to get it co-signed? My delivery date is like in 1 or 2 days (not because I procrastinated, the delivery date moved up), so any help would be appreciated!

Hey guys, so I did my financing with RBC and got a really high interest rate of 7%+, which makes sense for my age. However, I can get the car co-signed with a family member which I am assuming will lower the rates? If it can lower the rates, how do I apply to get it co-signed? My delivery date is like in 1 or 2 days (not because I procrastinated, the delivery date moved up), so any help would be appreciated!

To clarify you financed through Tesla and RBC gave you that rate? Or did you apply directly to RBC?

I financed through Tesla. I called my advisor and he said that I have to manually add the co-signer. I'll give you guys any updates so if anyone falls into my category, hopefully this helps them out.

Otherwise, what other means would you suggest for me to lower my interest rates? I can definitely afford the Tesla (I pay more gas than the "4%" financing of the vehicle), so it's just a matter of trying to get a decent interest rate on the car.

I financed through Tesla. I called my advisor and he said that I have to manually add the co-signer. I'll give you guys any updates so if anyone falls into my category, hopefully this helps them out.

Otherwise, what other means would you suggest for me to lower my interest rates? I can definitely afford the Tesla (I pay more gas than the "4%" financing of the vehicle), so it's just a matter of trying to get a decent interest rate on the car.
Update on my situation.

Turns out it was an error on the Tesla website. My rate is in line with all the others, 4.09% 96 months RBC or 3.59% 72 months.

Reactions: ATC@LWSK