Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • TMC Podcast #11 will stream live Saturday at 1PM PDT. We will be joined by special guest JT Stukes, a former engineer at Tesla. You can watch it live and participate in the chat on YouTube. We will addressing viewer comments and questions. For more information, follow the TMC Podcast #11 thread.

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

So banks haven’t given a discount since the last drop
I don’t expect and rate drop soon on today news ?
It took a couple days to show up on our line of credit rate the last couple times. Check in a couple days. Line of credit should drop from 3.45 to 2.95. We had cash set aside but at those rates we’ll keep our cash for investing and just borrow when the car arrives...in another 10 weeks now according to our SA.

Blue2020

M3SR+, ordered 2/24-DeepBlue-18s-BlackInterior
Mar 1, 2020
Vancouver
And if you car on finance before April 1 then it'll be best to refinance with RBC/Scotia/Whomever your bank is to get the latest and greatest rate - keep in mind you would get a credit hit though.
My delivery advisor said that Tesla only refreshes rates once per month, so no changes we come until April even if banks lower their rates.

If your waiting for your car then yes this is great but if the car is here now I’d say go get it. a point drop for the life of the term your looking at an extra 10-20 bucks a month maybe if that also considering this might be the last shipment of cars for awhile now that California is closed down due to Corona jump in a car ASAP

Reactions: Darcehole
And if you car on finance before April 1 then it'll be best to refinance with RBC/Scotia/Whomever your bank is to get the latest and greatest rate - keep in mind you would get a credit hit though.

Does Tesla let you refinance through them? Refinancing directly with the bank would net you a higher rate than what you can get through Tesla (I already checked for current rates).

Blue2020

M3SR+, ordered 2/24-DeepBlue-18s-BlackInterior
Mar 1, 2020
Vancouver
Does Tesla let you refinance through them? Refinancing directly with the bank would net you a higher rate than what you can get through Tesla (I already checked for current rates).
Once you have the car then any refinancing will have to be with the bank directly. Based on what you're saying, sounds like the rate change may not be that much should we refinance with the bank directly?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC