Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 1.9% for 72 months last week.
It was originally 2.15% when I ordered in January.
I told my SA that I wanted to change my downpayment from $7500 to $2500.
The new terms came with the lower rate automatically.
I have emailed my SA to lower my down payment. I am currently getting 1.95% for 72 months with BNS. I am curious to see if the rate goes up or down. Hearing rates may be going up. My down payment is currently $6750 would like to see $5000.

Tesla moved my delivery up by 5 days and then raised my rate from 1.95% 72 months to 2.0% 72 months. Funny part is the Bank changed from Scotia to HSBC.
not a big deal for the rate change since the payments are only $1.50 more a month.
Tesla isn’t responsible for the rate change, that’s on the change in financing banks. Likely Scotia backed out and Tesla had to switch to HSBC.

I was just told by a Tesla Advisor that credit approvals are valid for 30 days. I had been trying to find that out for a while. I just ordered a M3P yesterday for June delivery, so I'll wait until early June to put in the application. I'm pretty certain rates will remain relatively low until then.

Reactions: menaknow
Sorry in advance for what may be a "dumb" question.

If I'm financing a Tesla, how does the process differ vs say, a "traditional" car? Do I START the finance process AT the Tesla showroom/online? Do I go to the bank? (eg RBC or BNS that do "EV loans" afaik) What comes...first? New to this forum, so apologies if this is already answered.

Sorry in advance for what may be a "dumb" question.

If I'm financing a Tesla, how does the process differ vs say, a "traditional" car? Do I START the finance process AT the Tesla showroom/online? Do I go to the bank? (eg RBC or BNS that do "EV loans" afaik) What comes...first? New to this forum, so apologies if this is already answered.
It’s all done through Tesla, they give you a rate through a bank once you give the 2500 deposit, you of course need to qualify for financing, you fill everything out online through your Tesla account. Hope that helps