Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at the Yorkdale store last night and they told me that the only way (now) to get the 1.49% / 1.99% is if you buy an inventory car, because you need to take delivery by end of September for the lower finance rate. Any custom orders as of now, will not be September delivery but will be October delivery and are no longer eligible for those rates (seems to be back up to 3% +). So I was told.

I was at the Yorkdale store last night and they told me that the only way (now) to get the 1.49% / 1.99% is if you buy an inventory car, because you need to take delivery by end of September for the lower finance rate. Any custom orders as of now, will not be September delivery but will be October delivery and are no longer eligible for those rates (seems to be back up to 3% +). So I was told.
They gave the same spiel "Lower financing rate" when it was 2.49 (8yr) /2.24 (6yr)

Even with the exchange, it seems like the lease deals available in the US are far superior to any Tesla lease deals available in Canada. On the US Tesla website, when you look at inventory cars, it actually shows you the lease terms of that particular vehicle, and they don't seem that high (relatively speaking). Any X I look at here in Canada is at least $2,300 / month on a lease (48 months apx). Based on what I have seen for some comparably priced cars, (MSRP), that does not seem competitive.

Even with the exchange, it seems like the lease deals available in the US are far superior to any Tesla lease deals available in Canada. On the US Tesla website, when you look at inventory cars, it actually shows you the lease terms of that particular vehicle, and they don't seem that high (relatively speaking). Any X I look at here in Canada is at least $2,300 / month on a lease (48 months apx). Based on what I have seen for some comparably priced cars, (MSRP), that does not seem competitive.

Tesla is not subsidizing leases the way other OEM’s do.

Tesla is not subsidizing leases the way other OEM’s do.
other car companies subsidize leases? That hasn't been my experience. Most companies over estimate depreciation so that your lease payments are higher in order to protect themselves. Tesla is the same...the lease residuals on normal cars (non P100D etc which depreciate rapidly) are far lower than is realistic. To that end, taking over someone's lease when they're more than half way through is a great way to buy a Tesla at a discount.

other car companies subsidize leases? That hasn't been my experience. Most companies over estimate depreciation so that your lease payments are higher in order to protect themselves. Tesla is the same...the lease residuals on normal cars (non P100D etc which depreciate rapidly) are far lower than is realistic. To that end, taking over someone's lease when they're more than half way through is a great way to buy a Tesla at a discount.

It not the price they subsidize it’s the interest rates and high residuals. Makes it an attractive monthly payment. Take a similarly priced (whatever car) term of lease and check out the monthly payments and the residuals. Compare with Tesla and Tesla’s payments are higher.