Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8 years is a LONG time to be making $650 / month payments. If 8 years of payments is the only way you can scrape by it's a sure sign you are buying more car than you can afford.

True, but could also argue that the cash spent on downpayment could be used as an investment which in 8 years could yield more returns than the interest you pay financing the car.

I’m looking forward to get financing for 96 months at 3.60% but I’m just wondering if the loans proposed by Tesla’s are open loans, which means that there are no penalties, or hidden fees, if you choose to end the car loan early.

That said, I’m wondering if Tesla’s offer that kind of loan or if it depends on the bank they’re dealing with.

Anybody know how to log into RBC to see remaining balance/pay off loans? I bought the car over a month ago, I've had my automatic payment come out but nowhere was I ever given information on RBC account information etc.
Thinking I'll have to walk into an RBC Bank and have them open up an account?

Anybody know how to log into RBC to see remaining balance/pay off loans? I bought the car over a month ago, I've had my automatic payment come out but nowhere was I ever given information on RBC account information etc.

I can't speak for RBC specifically, but when I paid off my last car loan with TD (and was not otherwise a TD customer), they were able to give me the amount remaining over the phone. To pay it off, I was able to bring cash or a bank draft to a TD branch with the car loan account # to close the loan. No need to open up any new accounts.

Typically auto loans don't have a micro-site or add to personal profiles, no idea why! You can signup for free credit monitoring via Credit Karma, Borrowell, etc. and see the balance owing (rounded to the nearest dollar) after they report each payment each month.