Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody know how to log into RBC to see remaining balance/pay off loans? I bought the car over a month ago, I've had my automatic payment come out but nowhere was I ever given information on RBC account information etc.
Thinking I'll have to walk into an RBC Bank and have them open up an account?

RBC will send a letter in mail with instructions on how to setup online banking to view your loan details etc.

Reactions: Timber71
that sucks was hoping to buy m3 this month
I don't see the connection between a higher interest rate and buying a car? Rates may well go up next month and you would be in the same boat. We don't know what the future holds.

If the interest rate is within your budget and you want that car, buy it. Waiting to time the market is a losing proposition. Nevermind missing out on future cost avoidance of paying for gas (and in my case insurance). I was losing about $200 in gas and $25 in insurance savings for each month I didn't buy the car. A 0.5% change in interest doesn't come close to that.

Anyone in BC recently financed through T ? wondering what the Bank and Rate would be in BC .. online , of course it is 4.25 to 4.6...

AND Why is it that the "drive away" price doesn't include taxes ? ... it has no problems figuring out the incentives based on location but taxes ? mmmhh.... hardly the "drive away" price...

I just placed my order for LR AWD. I am confused by the fact that I can not finance the full value of the car and it shows I have 11,000 due at delivery on top of the 3,200 deposit I paid. Sales person told me 3,200 down payment (which is the deposit) was all that is required. I had similar responses on the forum as well.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 143
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
I just placed my order for LR AWD. I am confused by the fact that I can not finance the full value of the car and it shows I have 11,000 due at delivery on top of the 3,200 deposit I paid. Sales person told me 3,200 down payment (which is the deposit) was all that is required. I had similar responses on the forum as well.

I just placed my order last week and had the same issue. Once I filled out and submitted the finance application online through Tesla and it got approved it showed the full amount including the taxes and fees with updated terms and finance rate.

Has anyone had experience with either RBC or Scotia honouring a finance rate that has expired?

My 3.3% for 72 from Sept is expired (past 30 days) with no sign of a VIN getting issued for at least a few more weeks. Seems like rates have gone up for Oct and may not get better in Nov either... I’d rather keep my 3.3% if possible

Am I reading this correct, model 3 orders being processed today will have a delivery date in December? I've noticed the expected delivery date is no longer listed on the order page. I'm thinking if that's the scenario I'll wait until December and see if Tesla offers any end of year incentive, similar to last month with 2 years free super charging. Unless someone knows something I haven't found.

Am I reading this correct, model 3 orders being processed today will have a delivery date in December? I've noticed the expected delivery date is no longer listed on the order page. I'm thinking if that's the scenario I'll wait until December and see if Tesla offers any end of year incentive, similar to last month with 2 years free super charging. Unless someone knows something I haven't found.
yes I placed an order the night before the price went up. The delivery time is in about 6 weeks (5 weeks now).
You may as well wait. But that might come at a cost of rushed (poor) service and car with panel gaps etc