Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The application page now says they’re good for 60 days.

That's correct. The following info shows up on the credit application page now:

upload_2020-2-10_18-6-26.png

Maybe wait for RBC's offer? They seem to be doing 3.4% although doesn't seem like it will affect the monthly payment by much..

You beat me to updating my previous post. I reached out to [email protected] (who BTW have lightning fast response times!) and they switched me to RBC @ 3.40% for 72 months. I think the actual cost of borrowing only goes down by like $80 or something with my down-payment amount....so negligible.

do you have to do another applicaion to switch to rbc from scotia..as i too have the slightly higher rate with scotia at 3.47

Nope. Just email [email protected] and they will do it. No separate application required.

EDIT: As an FYI - switching from RBC to Scotia (or vice-versa) does result in an additional credit inquiry. I get the free credit score viewing feature via ScotiaBank/RBC's portal and TransUnion did report two separate inquiries as seen below:

upload_2020-2-11_18-34-42.png

Last edited:
FYI, for anyone wanting to adjust their down payment options, I spoke to my Tesla rep and he said I can increase my down payment as long as I let him know atleast 48 hours prior to delivery.

Thanks. Yes, my rep reached out to me pro-actively to ask how much I was planning to put down so he could adjust the loan terms in my account. Are you dealing with Lawrence or Oakville?

Wanted to confirm after completing financing application received 3.87% for 96 months with Scotiabank, when this appears does it mean the financing was approved or are there any other steps to take?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200213-123848_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200213-123848_Chrome.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 79