Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So banks haven’t given a discount since the last drop
I don’t expect and rate drop soon on today news ?
It took a couple days to show up on our line of credit rate the last couple times. Check in a couple days. Line of credit should drop from 3.45 to 2.95. We had cash set aside but at those rates we’ll keep our cash for investing and just borrow when the car arrives...in another 10 weeks now according to our SA.

And if you car on finance before April 1 then it'll be best to refinance with RBC/Scotia/Whomever your bank is to get the latest and greatest rate - keep in mind you would get a credit hit though.
My delivery advisor said that Tesla only refreshes rates once per month, so no changes we come until April even if banks lower their rates.

If your waiting for your car then yes this is great but if the car is here now I’d say go get it. a point drop for the life of the term your looking at an extra 10-20 bucks a month maybe if that also considering this might be the last shipment of cars for awhile now that California is closed down due to Corona jump in a car ASAP

Reactions: Darcehole
And if you car on finance before April 1 then it'll be best to refinance with RBC/Scotia/Whomever your bank is to get the latest and greatest rate - keep in mind you would get a credit hit though.

Does Tesla let you refinance through them? Refinancing directly with the bank would net you a higher rate than what you can get through Tesla (I already checked for current rates).

Does Tesla let you refinance through them? Refinancing directly with the bank would net you a higher rate than what you can get through Tesla (I already checked for current rates).
Once you have the car then any refinancing will have to be with the bank directly. Based on what you're saying, sounds like the rate change may not be that much should we refinance with the bank directly?