Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3 delivery date is set in end of June. I asked my SR if I can request to adjust my interest rate (3.6% for 96 month with RBC). He said that cannot be done. Anyone have experience with this? Can I ask Tesla directly? Which email or phone number can I use?

My M3 delivery date is set in end of June. I asked my SR if I can request to adjust my interest rate (3.6% for 96 month with RBC). He said that cannot be done. Anyone have experience with this? Can I ask Tesla directly? Which email or phone number can I use?

I got approved 3.2% with Scotiabank just earlier this week. I think what you can do is start a new order and apply for financing again. If you get 3.2% then cancel your 3.6% order

Same just got approved last night for 3.25% at 96.

Previously I was quoted 3.4% a week ago, and then 2.9% for 72.

Hopefully it can go down a bit more, was told we can choose to go with the lower rate if it drops.

My delivery is set for this Wednesday June 3rd. I asked my SA on Friday to give me the lowest available rate. I was at 3.25% with RBC for 72 months and I saw that my account has been updated to 2.9%. Let's see if anyone can identify June's rate so we can confirm if there's room to improve even more!

By the way, here's a nice calculator to identify the real cost with the interest rate you'll obtain:
Interest Rate Calculator

In my case, it's a 9$ savings per month. Not much, but I'll take any savings I can get. Combined with the 3k price drop earlier this week, we keep on saving!

Reactions: VBCanada
My delivery is set for this Wednesday June 3rd. I asked my SA on Friday to give me the lowest available rate. I was at 3.25% with RBC for 72 months and I saw that my account has been updated to 2.9%. Let's see if anyone can identify June's rate so we can confirm if there's room to improve even more!

By the way, here's a nice calculator to identify the real cost with the interest rate you'll obtain:
Interest Rate Calculator

In my case, it's a 9$ savings per month. Not much, but I'll take any savings I can get. Combined with the 3k price drop earlier this week, we keep on saving!

My account was updated this afternoon with RBC at 2.8% for 72 months. Keeps going down folks!

I'm trying to add my details into the account page right now and at the payment method. When selecting a 60 month loan term, it says the APR is at 4.25%. How are you guys getting 2.8%? Is it just a number Tesla randomly spits out right now and that number will change once they submit a credit application? Or are you getting these rates by going directly to the bank? I.e. some have mentioned RBC/Scotia?

Thanks!

I'm trying to add my details into the account page right now and at the payment method. When selecting a 60 month loan term, it says the APR is at 4.25%. How are you guys getting 2.8%? Is it just a number Tesla randomly spits out right now and that number will change once they submit a credit application? Or are you getting these rates by going directly to the bank? I.e. some have mentioned RBC/Scotia?

Thanks!
Yes, the 4.25% is just a random placeholder. Once you submit the credit application, it gets sent to RBC and Scotia, whichever one is lower ends up showing up in your account with the actual rate. In my case it happened the same day.

• Helpful
Reactions: bchan911
Yes, the 4.25% is just a random placeholder. Once you submit the credit application, it gets sent to RBC and Scotia, whichever one is lower ends up showing up in your account with the actual rate. In my case it happened the same day.

Is the credit application different from the initial Finacing through Tesla page? It’s a bit confusing for me...

Can we change term after we put the initial term down? I’m thinking 96 months and it shows 4.6% with approximately $10K in taxes and fees.

Is the credit application different from the initial Finacing through Tesla page? It’s a bit confusing for me...

Can we change term after we put the initial term down? I’m thinking 96 months and it shows 4.6% with approximately $10K in taxes and fees.

You can contact your service adviser and they’ll contact the financing people with Tesla. You can change your rate and down payment amount.

• Helpful
Reactions: bchan911