Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just ordered a SR+ Model 3. However on the 'Payment Method' section there is only an option for Cash or Self-Arranged Loan. Anyone know why that would be? I'm thinking it might not show up since my trade-in is still pending.

Replying back to myself in case anyone runs into the same issue.

Apparently there is a glitch on the Tesla website for people who are ordering from a province other than the province where the vehicle is being delivered from. In my case; I'm in Manitoba and my closest Service Centre is Calgary.

The website won't allow you to apply for financing if the province isn't the same. I spoke to my advisor and he said it is a known issue and happens all the time. He changed something on the backend of my profile and it worked without issue.

Ordered yesterday and applied for credit yesterday as well. RBC rate is 2.35 for 72 months now. Trying to find out scotia bank rate.

Thanks for sharing that info. Was that by applying directly with RBC or through Tesla? I'm just getting ready to order my first Tesla and I'm a complete newb to the process. I'm not sure if I need to arrange for a loan with my bank directly before I plunk down my $2500 deposit or if I apply for financing through Tesla after making the deposit.

RBC just updated my APR to 2.8% for 96 months. According to Tesla Finance RBC dropped rates for july.

I saw your post so I checked mine; and mine has dropped to 2.8% as well. I thought I might need to call them to reapply, it was nice that it auto-dropped to the new rate without any intervention on my end. Payment dropped by about $10 a month, basically pays for premium connectivity lol.