Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you need to select delivery location first before it lets you update anything else.

if you don’t see an option to do that just do live chat and agent will fix it.

Yes, this was my problem. Apparently when you buy and get the Congratulations screen (with hedgehog) there are more steps to do including selecting location. I don't think it's obvious and I just closed it. That left my order in limbo until my DA contacted me the next day.

Yes, this was my problem. Apparently when you buy and get the Congratulations screen (with hedgehog) there are more steps to do including selecting location. I don't think it's obvious and I just closed it. That left my order in limbo until my DA contacted me the next day.

this ended up being the case. My SA called me and got it all sorted it out. I was quoted a mid September delivery date. The SA recommended that I don’t apply for financing until the day before delivery to avoid taking a hit on my credit twice.

If I were to apply for financing let’s say in the first week of August, anyone know how long it’s valid for ?

this ended up being the case. My SA called me and got it all sorted it out. I was quoted a mid September delivery date. The SA recommended that I don’t apply for financing until the day before delivery to avoid taking a hit on my credit twice.

If I were to apply for financing let’s say in the first week of August, anyone know how long it’s valid for ?

It's valid for 60 days.

Djino

Honestly, I call BS. How can they pulling new credit checks if they approve you for X rate and then X rate goes lower. It makes sense if the approval expires, but if Tesla finance is adjusting a rate to a lower term/per month price, I would argue that’s not another credit pull.

Can confirm that getting the lower rate DOES NOT result in another credit pull. The only way it does is if:

1) Your loan was approved through one bank (e.g. RBC), but another bank is offering a better rate (e.g. Scotiabank). In this scenario, you’d get a hit on your report since you’d be submitting an application through a new lender
2) You switch to a lower rate more than 90 days after your initial credit pull (The bank would need to do another application to update your information)

I’ve switched my rate 3 times now (2.8% to 2.6% to 2.35%) and haven’t incurred multiple hard credit pulls.

Reactions: djino
Rates seem to update about once a month. New rates will likely be available early next week.

I put down my deposit on a Model Y earlier in the year, but don’t plan to pick up until October/November. Wonder how low rates can get by that time.