Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys. I’m new to this. I see the Payment Method tab now shows the 96 months @2.6%. There is a “I agree” button. Do I click that now? Once I do, if the rate changes, can it be adjusted later?

thanks in advance

Yes when you do that that means you are accepting the loan offers (either Scotia or RBC, it mentions at the top). And yes if the rate changes or you want to change the term of your loan to fewer months, you can change that if they agree to your request. All the changes should be done before the delivery date as to what I know.

Looking to take delivery in November, and will likely pay off my car in the next 4 years.

I’d want to go with the 84 month option because I value having the extra cash flow per month vs. being forced to make payments over a 4 year time span.

Anyone know how interest works if I were to pay off the car early? Would Scotia/RBC factor the full 84 months of interest into the payout amount? Or would I only pay the interest equivalent to the number of months in which I had an auto loan?

Nope. Interest is calculated on the actual balance outstanding, at least that was the case with my Scotia loan. Early repayments decrease the balance, thus the interest, but monthly payments are typically not recalculated.
Called Scotia earlier today. Not sure how knowledgeable the rep was, but she shared their auto loans are amortized, meaning interest is front loaded.

By my calculation, Kevchan is spot on. I would have paid 81% of total interest on the loan by year 4 with an 84 month term.

Out of curiosity, what do some of your monthly payments look like at 60 months, 72 months, 84, 96 month intervals?

After all taxes (I'm in Ontario), after all licensing etc?

What did you put down, on what model, and what do you pay?
Ordered model 3 sr+ white with white interior
1000 reservation, 2500 order fee 5000 EV rebate. Financed 2.6 for 96 months at 614 monthly.
Hope this helps you.

Has anyone that had already completed the payment information step successfully got their rate updated to the Aug rates?

I already completed the Prepare for Delivery step in July at 72 months 2.35%. Emailed Tesla Finance first week of Aug about adjusting rate to 2.15% and they said OK and they'd get back to me. Haven't heard anything since despite a request for an update last week. My Tesla Advisor is saying the rate will be finalized at delivery and that they can't adjust rates until then even if Sept rates are higher.

Has anyone that had already completed the payment information step successfully got their rate updated to the Aug rates?

I already completed the Prepare for Delivery step in July at 72 months 2.35%. Emailed Tesla Finance first week of Aug about adjusting rate to 2.15% and they said OK and they'd get back to me. Haven't heard anything since despite a request for an update last week. My Tesla Advisor is saying the rate will be finalized at delivery and that they can't adjust rates until then even if Sept rates are higher.

Email [email protected] again. The delivery advisor has no say over the rates and that is actually finalized by the finance team in Califonia.