Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if you can contact the bank direct for the 2.4% rate? The Tesla advisor said it’s based on the day and the day you get approved, thing is a friend got approved for the same vehicle for 2.4% while I got 2.6%, just days apart
Tesla probably gets a better rate compared to going to the bank directly. Banks probably give Tesla deep discounts on rates for bulk applications. Going to a bank directly, they will give you a rate based on relationship value and credit risk, which usually is prime+%. There may be smaller FI that offer promotions on loans, but I haven't seen anything lower than what Tesla is offering. Anything lower, you are getting into High Ratio Mortgage territory.

Reactions: Vawlkus
Why not just pick up from Vancouver? Some of the service reps are quite useless

@Bertuzzi44 are you saying that "some of the reps are quite useless" at the Surrey location or in Vancouver? Just curious.

Also: now that the Surrey location exists, are people from the surrounding area only allowed to pick up (delivery) there, or can they ask for Vancouver instead? My better half for some reason is very against going to the Surrey location for pick up.

I emailed my SA to lower my additional downpayment yesterday and got the new terms today.
It was automatically changed from 2.15 to 1.9% for 72 months.

Also my SA mentioned that my VIN# be assigned in the next day or two, my estimated delivery is now showing as March 17-23.

I emailed my SA to lower my additional downpayment yesterday and got the new terms today.
It was automatically changed from 2.15 to 1.9% for 72 months.

Also my SA mentioned that my VIN# be assigned in the next day or two, my estimated delivery is now showing as March 17-23.

That's good news for you! What specs did you order? Trying to get an idea when my M3P will get a VIN.