Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
does anyone know if I've already accepted a finance offer, can I change the downpayment without having to do another approval? I like the rate I got so don't want to risk it changing.

In fact I like it so much I want to reduce the amount of downpayment I'm putting in and want to increase the financed amount.

offer was accepted with scotiabank in case that matters, thanks!

I changed my down payment multiple times. And it never triggered another approval.

the SA just emails the financing department to update it on the backend.

Hey everyone,

Got approved for a M3 SR+ with BMO for 2.8% (8 years), ordered back around late May does anyone know how reliable the EDD on the Tesla Account page is? It seems to constantly change. At one point last week it was June 8 - 30, now it’s saying July 6 - Aug 3. SA said that it would be July 22nd. Just trying to gauge a realistic time frame since I need to sell a car prior in hopes of adding it as a downpayment

Hey everyone,

Got approved for a M3 SR+ with BMO for 2.8% (8 years), ordered back around late May does anyone know how reliable the EDD on the Tesla Account page is? It seems to constantly change. At one point last week it was June 8 - 30, now it’s saying July 6 - Aug 3. SA said that it would be July 22nd. Just trying to gauge a realistic time frame since I need to sell a car prior in hopes of adding it as a downpayment
I would say ask your SA, dates have been changing by the week, would also suggest selling the car soon

Hey everyone,

I'd suggest following the Canadian order + EDD thread here

I originally financed at 2.3% over 48 months but suddenly today (one day before delivery) the rate changed to 2.35%, anyone got the same thing ?
I ordered my car end of May and got approved at the same time.
I called in to talk with my advisor, they confirmed that it was a mistake as my rate should be locked for at least 30 days, so they changed it from 2.35 back to 2.3%.

2.8% Scotia - 96 months for MY AWD. VIN assigned and Delivery scheduled - 2 days from now. But my account says "Conditionally Approved - Your documents are pending review." I don't recall submitting any docs nor do I see any option/prompt for submitting any docs. Is that what it always shows - "Conditionally Approved" - and you just show up for delivery or is the status different for fully approved?

FYI an update wrt "Conditionally Approved" finance status above. I had been trying to reach my SA for a week to clarify status but wasn't getting a response. Turns out he is out of office. Finally after several times of trying the web chat agent contacted the location manager and put me in touch with the SAs backup, who sorted out the finance status and now its showing approved and prompting me to upload insurance. So it seems it is some buttons the SA was supposed to push do but didn't get done since he was out. Anyways all sorted and ready for delivery.

Reactions: Vawlkus
I ordered my car end of May and got approved at the same time.
I called in to talk with my advisor, they confirmed that it was a mistake as my rate should be locked for at least 30 days, so they changed it from 2.35 back to 2.3%.
Sweet. The same happened on my account today. Taking delivery on Friday and rates increased to 2.35 from 2.3. Financing was approved less than 15 days ago. Going to give my SA a call.

Sweet. The same happened on my account today. Taking delivery on Friday and rates increased to 2.35 from 2.3. Financing was approved less than 15 days ago. Going to give my SA a call.
Bad news, today when I picked up my car, they insist that my rate is 2.35. I cannot reach my advisor, so I just accepted the car, I sent my advisor an email, hopefully he can do something for me :(