Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to ask this as well lol, I think they are confused on models?
I wanted to ask this as well lol, I think they are confused on models?

Basically, Before my purchase; I went and looked into youtube videos of SR+ vs LR vs other EVs with similar range. SR+ Is either beating the LR both on efficiency and usage per charge, It's crazy as "Long Range" should last longer than SR+ But it looks like dual motors on real world usage ends up either breaking even with SR+ or using more power in general. Add the incentives of the SR+ and its the best value on all trims.

Example video:

They tested LR/performance vs SR+ vs Polestar 2

T
Basically, Before my purchase; I went and looked into youtube videos of SR+ vs LR vs other EVs with similar range. SR+ Is either beating the LR both on efficiency and usage per charge, It's crazy as "Long Range" should last longer than SR+ But it looks like dual motors on real world usage ends up either breaking even with SR+ or using more power in general. Add the incentives of the SR+ and its the best value on all trims.

Example video:

They tested LR/performance vs SR+ vs Polestar 2
They did NOT test the LR, it was only the performance that went against the sr+

Well its an example of the dual motor, consuming more energy.
It has 2 motors so yes it consumes more energy, that said the SR+ does not get better real range than the LR AWD which is what you posted. I totally agree with you that the SR+ is a great vehicle and depending on your daily needs is more than adequate.

A quick example from abetterrouteplanner using 2021 both with aero wheels Lansing MI to Orlando FL
SR+ - 163wh/km - 19h47m trip - 3h19m spent charging (10 stops)
2021 LR AWD - 168wh/km - 19h7m - 2h spent charging (7 stops)

It has 2 motors so yes it consumes more energy, that said the SR+ does not get better real range than the LR AWD which is what you posted. I totally agree with you that the SR+ is a great vehicle and depending on your daily needs is more than adequate.

A quick example from abetterrouteplanner using 2021 both with aero wheels Lansing MI to Orlando FL
SR+ - 163wh/km - 19h47m trip - 3h19m spent charging (10 stops)
2021 LR AWD - 168wh/km - 19h7m - 2h spent charging (7 stops)
I see, Not familiar with abetterrouteplanner but since as per the video, it's real-life usage and not flooring it or anything so I assumed the dual motor is already going to be more impractical than the single motor when I dont even see the need of dual motor and the only true difference that really matters is the battery size. Add the incentives and it was no brainer for me as it felt like it that's 17k for another motor, better audio system, car mat, heated steering wheel + rear seats just isnt worth it for me either.

Reactions: YHZ-Owner
I see, Not familiar with abetterrouteplanner but since as per the video, it's real-life usage and not flooring it or anything so I assumed the dual motor is already going to be more impractical than the single motor when I dont even see the need of dual motor and the only true difference that really matters is the battery size. Add the incentives and it was no brainer for me as it felt like it that's 17k for another motor, better audio system, car mat, heated steering wheel + rear seats just isnt worth it for me either.
Just to clarify the video is of a Model 3 Performance compared to a SR+ and yes their range differences are much closer. For my personal needs the almost 90 mile range over the SR+ from the LR AWD was worth the difference...I also wanted it for speed not going to even attempt to lie about that one haha!

The most important part is that you are happy 👍, the SR+ is an amazing vehicle

They were asking why we would go for SR+ over long range, I gave them my reasoning and that is where the incentive goes into play as well. It's just over-all the best value out of all the trims specially if I am financing.

Agreed. The SR+ is the best value, if you care about range on a single charge, and if you want to save $5,000. Otherwise, you're just buying into Tesla's marketing on their so called "long range" model 3 lol.

Got our vehicle on Saturday. We got our loan through Scotiabank, does anyone know how we can manage this loan online? There has been no correspondence from Scotiabank and Tesla didn't give us any paperwork (other than what we signed that we did not get a copy of)

Yes best to select cash, you can always change it once you have delivery confirmation. For simplicity the SA will tell you to just the same thing, select the cash option and when the car is close to delivery change to finance or lease, etc. Plus then if you are doing a trade, or putting down a different amount you can change it all at the same time.
I select "cash" and hit next. I am prompted to upload proof of insurance. Now there is no where for me to change my payment to loan. So the loan option will show up once I have delivery confirmation?