Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When folks are getting these rates for 60/72/84 months or whatever, are there penalties for prepayment if you sell your car early? Also, just to confirm, if my car is not schedule to come until end of April, is there not much point in getting a rate today?

Shouldnt you be able to decide how much downpayment you want to pay? I find it weird how the bank will say you need a certain amount for downpayment on a car
I think it's part of the approval process. The way they see it, if you can't afford to put a certain amount down, then you may be stretching your means a bit too much. How much they need down may depend on credit rating as well.

That's my theory, anyway...

Alright - so the SA was able to work with finance and I have RBC @ 3.25% for 96 mo $0 down. Picking up LR M3 next week.

Awesome! do you know what your SA exactly did to get you this rate? what was your rate before this one?
I got 3.65% for 96 mo $0 down with RBC.

I emailed tesla finacancing and they changed my rate from 3.68% to 3.65% over 96mo with 40% down. Deff curious how you got 3.25%, finacing replied back and said thats the lowest rate any of their lenders are currently offering for 84-96mo terms.

Reactions: rezla