Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
96 months gives you more flexibility than the 72 - you can go 96, but pay additional principal each month to get it artificially down to a 72 month (like you would with mortgages).

Speaking for myself, but I don’t intend to pay $940 and change every month for next 8 years. But I also don’t want to be paying higher monthlies when I can be putting that towards my TFSA or RRSP and get some good returns in the market.

Ultimately, completely your call. As long as you have a plan, you can’t go wrong.

Reactions: rezla
For those of us currently with a March EDD, do you think it’s worthwhile to apply today to lock-in February rates? I know the rate only lasts for 30 days, but I assume if it expires you’d only be subject to a soft credit credit, not another hard check?
Pretty sure it’s a hard hit. And yeah good idea if you think there is a reasonable chance you will be getting the vehicle in 30 days. Likely rate hike happening this Thursday.

I know the initial loan approval is a hard hit, but you think if the rate expires you get another hard hit?
Yeah, you are right - typically one pull and have the rate can be updated over 90 days.

BUT, but, if you change terms - reduce/increase downpayments, or change/add features (color change of car) etc etc does lead to another hard hit. I know this because this happened to me, Scotia pulled my credit twice. The second one happened after I changed my color from black to white interiors.

I also had a separate hit from RBC. So in all, less than one month I had 3 different hard hits To my credit, which fell by 5 points - nothing significant but even so.

Reactions: koorosh
Just got 2.75% APR from RBC via Tesla for 72 months, $0 down. I initially got 3.2% for 60 months but yesterday I went back and asked for a few different scenarios and got this new quote.

Assuming you're referring to reaching out to [email protected]... How long does it take to get a response from them? Messaged them last Friday but still haven't heard anything back.

Can I "accept" the rate offered to me on my account page and they can follow up with a better rate? Or should I just leave it unaccepted?