Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Life Insurance Policy that my father started in my name when I was a toddler. I considered cashing it in - but that is the worst . Tax implications would take at least 1 /3rd. ( An alternative would be a loan from the Canada Life at 6%) Found out about a Line of Credit using the Life Insurance as collateral . up to 90 % of the cash value. Scotiabank and RBC wouldn't consider it . I have to apply to Banking Solutions , a division of National Bank affiliated with Canada Life. These people don't move fast. I started the process over a month ago. An email sat with the Assigned Canada Life advisor a week . Then I was contacted by his assistant. Lots of documents..... that were forwarded to the bank. My only contact is the Canada Life advisor. Interest rate will be prime 3.2% + 1% . I plan to buy a used Model S . To rewind the year I woulda ordered a Model 3 SR+ last December . Waiting .... meanwhile Teslas that I considered buying , have been sold.
Finally Got approved. But less than I was expecting . I work PT and am below their $50,000 threshold income

Reactions: Murky-Article
So I jumped on an Model 3 performance that was showing in inventory. Seems they are offering 5.2% 72 months through RBC. I indicated 20k down, but I'm still waiting to hear what they'll offer for my trade in (I'm assuming 15-18k (3 year old civic with 35k)). Any idea how long they usually take to respond to that? Is that going to alter the rate any you think? I sent in all the pictures there is some scrapes on the front corner which I sent pictures off as well.

Reactions: Murky-Article
So I jumped on an Model 3 performance that was showing in inventory. Seems they are offering 5.2% 72 months through RBC. I indicated 20k down, but I'm still waiting to hear what they'll offer for my trade in (I'm assuming 15-18k (3 year old civic with 35k)). Any idea how long they usually take to respond to that? Is that going to alter the rate any you think? I sent in all the pictures there is some scrapes on the front corner which I sent pictures off as well.
48-72 hours

My EDD has slipped to October-November, about a full year after ordering. If rates are over 7% by then, count me out. I'll continue riding a bicycle, thanks.
IMG_4694.jpg

Reactions: KWC_Diu and Umar96