Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Through Tesla Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't been able to get a hold of Tesla today to get this question answered...I am setting up financing through Tesla in the form of a 36 month loan. My question is, can I overpay the downpayment and monthly payment? Tesla gives me an estimate of what to pay upfront and monthly, but ideally, I'd overpay and be able to complete repaying my lease by 24 months or so. Thanks in advance!

Once you put your deposit in for an order the financing table on the car becomes available and is much more detailed than what’s available before placing the order. It works like a regular loan and I don’t believe any of your questions are issues. Also search the forum for this topic and you will find the Tesla financing email. Shoot them an email with your questions and they will answer with 100% certainty.

@Eric9610 ok, thanks! I wasn't sure if I was tied in once I submitted it. The order has been placed and I'm taking delivery ~Saturday so not sure I have time to wait on an email, but I'll try to call again tomorrow. Just thought I'd post here in the meantime! The car was under cash pay on the account for some reason, so I only had access to the financing table as of today!

Anyone know how to change your down payment? I emailed my SA and even emailed [email protected] but they still haven't changed it on the order page.
Honestly, they really don't do much aside from get your eligibility during the initial ordering. Now, when you get a VIN assigned, they'll re-run your credit and become very communicative (typically) where all that is really easy to change before actually taking delivery. (This is at least how things were for me.)