Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Two Days After Ordering?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my M3 on Thursday 08/09/2018 and my MyTesla account already advised me today to apply for financing. Financing is all done and approved. Did everyone else start their financing that soon? Is this a good sign that my car will be ready to delivery soon since they already had me start my financing?

I financed the first one 3 weeks after ordering and pushed it pretty close as my delivery took two months.

This time I knew things would move a lot faster and I actually secured financing same day as configuring.

I knew I new it wowou be quick because my config was RWD and it was a day one morning reservation.

Also, a major factor is that my CU gives you 30 days to pick up check and 30 days to use it. We received our official loan docs to sign a week after delivery.

I financed the first one 3 weeks after ordering and pushed it pretty close as my delivery took two months.

This time I knew things would move a lot faster and I actually secured financing same day as configuring.

I knew I new it wowou be quick because my config was RWD and it was a day one morning reservation.

Also, a major factor is that my CU gives you 30 days to pick up check and 30 days to use it. We received our official loan docs to sign a week after delivery.

I did my financing directly through Tesla and so I assume since they opened MyTesla account up and said to start financing, that I would be okay to do so. If it ends up taking longer for delivery and the approval period ends before delivery, I would be pretty annoyed. You'd think they wouldn't let me start financing through them unless they knew my timing would be okay?

I did my financing directly through Tesla and so I assume since they opened MyTesla account up and said to start financing, that I would be okay to do so. If it ends up taking longer for delivery and the approval period ends before delivery, I would be pretty annoyed. You'd think they wouldn't let me start financing through them unless they knew my timing would be okay?

Ah, ok. I agree...it wouldn't make sense for them to open it up if they didn't think you could take delivery before the loan approval expires.

I ordered my M3 on Thursday 08/09/2018 and my MyTesla account already advised me today to apply for financing. Financing is all done and approved. Did everyone else start their financing that soon? Is this a good sign that my car will be ready to delivery soon since they already had me start my financing?

I ordered 8/7 and was contacted with a VIN and instructions to complete all the pre delivery steps the next day. I was also told I can pick the car up as early as 8/17. You probably will be able to get yours soon too

I ordered 8/7 and was contacted with a VIN and instructions to complete all the pre delivery steps the next day. I was also told I can pick the car up as early as 8/17. You probably will be able to get yours soon too

If my timeline is anywhere near as fast as yours, I'll be thrilled. I was told by the Tesla Dealership in Santa Barbara, CA that those of us on the West Coast are getting our cars within a 1-3 weeks because we are so close to the factory in Fremont, CA and every recent post I've seen from California owners seems to back that timeline up.

What Model and Configuration did you order, BTW?

If my timeline is anywhere near as fast as yours, I'll be thrilled. I was told by the Tesla Dealership in Santa Barbara, CA that those of us on the West Coast are getting our cars within a 1-3 weeks because we are so close to the factory in Fremont, CA and every recent post I've seen from California owners seems to back that timeline up.

What Model and Configuration did you order, BTW?

RWD LR + PUP
MSM
Aero wheels
EAP

I’m in the Seattle area but the woman who gave me my test drive the day before ordering asked if I had any concerns about a December delivery (maybe she was just being super conservative and using 4 months from the delivery estimate).

I found an order tracker and it seems like almost everyone in every state is getting their cars within 10-35 days in the past few weeks (depending on the state).

It’s an interesting dynamic that makes me wonder about demand. Has Tesla fulfilled 90% of the orders of those who want LR? I guess if there are 70,000 of us and 140,000 SR waiters in the US that is a good start. Then once friends and family see our cars and learn how awesome they are, they will get a new wave of orders.

Last edited:
It’s an interesting dynamic that makes me wonder about demand. Has Tesla fulfilled 90% of the orders of those who want LR? I guess if there are 70,000 of us and 140,000 SR waiters in the US that is a good start. Then once friends and family see our cars and learn how awesome they are, they will get a new wave of orders.

They might filled out most the demand for RWD LR, but the AWD LR is far from being filled. I feel like many RWD orders got swapped to AWD as soon as it was available.