Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I applied for “Tesla” financing for MS plaid refresh while placing the order and got 2.3% from some bank.
I have great credit score and gross pay. Should I look more or this is considered good offer. I accepted it for now.

I applied for “Tesla” financing for MS plaid refresh while placing the order and got 2.3% from some bank.
I have great credit score and gross pay. Should I look more or this is considered good offer. I accepted it for now.

Same. 840 credit score and plenty of income with zero debt.

Sooo, I found 1.99% with the Carolina Cooperative Federal Credit Union. Anyone can be a member.

Angela Harris

Loan Officer

Carolina Cooperative FCU

6502 McMahon Drive

Charlotte, NC 28226

(P) 704-543-8901 (F) 704-543-6931

Hours: M-F 9a-5p

This is what Angela sent me:

I received your membership request online. Below is how to join.

To qualify for a loan with us, you have to first be a member.

Membership eligibility would be if you worked for a member company, had an immediate relative that has an open account with us, live/work/worship in an area of Gaston County OR if you are a member of The North Carolina Consumer Council (we will need your member number with them). If you are not a member with The North Carolina Consumer Council, then you can join them. ANYONE can join them. Once you have joined the North Carolina Consumer Council please email the member number to me.

Please let me know if you qualify based on that information and I will have the information mailed to you. We cannot open the account electronically (email/fax). We require the original membership card. Once you receive the membership information, to speed up the process you could overnight it back to us. A loan could not be reviewed until your account is open with us.

If you do qualify for membership with CCFCU, our current auto loan interest rates are available on our website www.carolinacu.com.

Reactions: 1020hp
Stanford federal credit union has 1.5% for 60 months. Pm me for a referral link so we both get $50.
Yea, that's a good rate. What does it take to join/belong to Stanford Federal Credit Union? I'm purchasing a different new car and cheapest rate I could find was from Bank of America for 1.89% ... the lower rate will shave $13 from my payment! :cool:

New & Used Auto
(Vehicles 7 model years or
newer with less than 75K miles)
0 to 60 Months
61 to 84 Months (20K minimum)
1.49% APR
1.99% APR

Edit : Just checked and if you set up a checking account with a $500 monthly direct deposit and get a credit card (no fee) there's an additional 1% discount!

Last edited:
Yea, that's a good rate. What does it take to join/belong to Stanford Federal Credit Union? I'm purchasing a different new car and cheapest rate I could find was from Bank of America for 1.89% ... the lower rate will shave $13 from my payment! :cool:

New & Used Auto
(Vehicles 7 model years or
newer with less than 75K miles)
0 to 60 Months
61 to 84 Months (20K minimum)
1.49% APR
1.99% APR

Edit : Just checked and if you set up a checking account with a $500 monthly direct deposit and get a credit card (no fee) there's an additional 1% discount!
1% discount off 1.5?!?!

My understanding is the 1.5% is the discounted rate off the “normal“ 2.5%.
You are correct sir! Should have checked the asterisk! Oh well, .4% is probably not enough for me to jump through hoops to move away from BofA. But a good option for some!

Rates shown are for our highest credit tier plus an Ambassador Membership Rewards level bonus discount of 1.00%, which must be maintained throughout the loan term to receive the discounted rate. Longer loan terms are available at higher loan rates. The minimum loan amount is $5,000.​