Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Find car wash in New York City area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look up Youtube videos on one-bucket, or two-bucket no rinse washes. No running water needed.
This is not very helpful for someone who lives in an apartment building! They do not permit washing in the garage if you are fortunate enough to have parking in-building; and street parking can be many blocks from one's home / a water faucet!

New owner Model 3 looking for touchless or handwash car wash in Manhattan, Queens or Brooklyn area? Can't hand wash myself I lived in apartment housing.

Did you find anywhere? I have the same question / need!

Brooklyn preferred.

Especially want a cheap true touchless self-drive-through just to rinse off the city grime and salt - easy to find these in California at gas stations and takes 5 minutes.

I don't need a 30 minute to two hour detail with hand wash. I keep the inside very clean so just need outside high pressure rinsed! In winter the high sulfur heating oil used in old buildings in NYC really builds up the dirt.

I searched for many in Brooklyn and Queens but they all turn out to have the giant whirling brushes, or, be a hand detail that is 3x to 10x a quick "rinse."

Do you know of something in NYC that is a quick drive-through touchless that isn't a detailing shop for Bentleys and Lamborghinis and requires having 4 hours spare or a PA to take the car for a detailing? Not all of us have Model S Plaid budgets or time!! :)

This is not very helpful for someone who lives in an apartment building! They do not permit washing in the garage if you are fortunate enough to have parking in-building; and street parking can be many blocks from one's home / a water faucet!
I live in an apt, and I wash my car in a public garage without any running water. Haven’t had any complaints. I put 1-2gal of water in a bucket, get some microfiber towels damp with Optimum No Rinse, go to town, and dry off with a towel. If anyone complains, then they’re an a-hole. :/

Do you know of something in NYC that is a quick drive-through touchless that isn't a detailing shop for Bentleys and Lamborghinis and requires having 4 hours spare or a PA to take the car for a detailing? Not all of us have Model S Plaid budgets or time!! :)
Yes, its expensive, as is everything in NYC because of the land values and associated rents&wages. I think I got a full detailing for $70ish.

Let's not exaggerate, as someone who has actually gone there (and if you look at their IG photos), a Tesla Model 3 is like the median customer they service. I mean, let's not pretend we aren't driving a $50K+ car..

As for the unicorn of a cheap, touchless, fast car wash within the 5 boroughs - good luck, and let us know if you do find one. I imagine you will have to go pretty deep into Brooklyn/Queens to accomplish this if it does exist, and then the fast part may end up being invalidated..

If you want fast & touchless, get some buckets&soup, and sweet talk your super into letting you use the outdoor water tap they have for cleaning the sidewalk. This is how I used to deal with maintenance washes in between 1-2 good deep cleans per year.

I am reluctant for the bucket trick due to (a) bad back that hurts if I stretch the wrong way and (b) too little water seems like a recipe for scratching the fragile paint.

nyccarspa.com - thanks - I will certainly try them when I need a detail, their website says they start with a 2-3 hour mini-detail. $70 seems incredibly cheap for 3 hours! But most weeks I can only spare 5 minutes for a drive-through self-serve and just need a $5 gas station style quick self-drive-through touchless spray down. Easy to find these in Southern California but that is a bit too far :)

I do have to go from time to time Long Island, Westchester, Queens, Bronx, Brooklyn - so appreciate any leads from anyone in those areas?

I don't like the ones where you give the car over to an attendant - NYC has many of these from $25 - but I've lost front tires (other cars) where they steer it into the tracks aggressively and all of them seem to have pretty old & rough looking brushes and many photos on yelp of cars getting scratched up.

There is a Mobil gas station near the Bulova Corporate Center. For $6 (use exact change bills) you have 10 minutes of a washing machine that has a spray hose, foaming brush, and a "wax" spray setting. I stand further back with the pressure washer to protect the paint, but it's far cheaper than most of these drive through places that charge $20+.

There's also another one at a BP near the walgreens in Williamsburg near the police precinct. You go in to pay and they give you a coin to insert. Same deal.

I use to go to David's in Greenpoint. It's on mcguinness and India. I think there is new ownership but check if they still do a hand wash.
I have been there a few times. They do a pretty good job. I think I’ve only been there since the new ownership. They do a hand wash. They use pressure washers and then they hand dry it.

Reviving this thread. I used nyccarspa/Williamsburg a number of times - they are great - but it's a PIA to get there, then having to wait around. So I end up hardly going and my car suffers.

Have any of you tried any of these mobile car washes? I've seen ones that do the normal wash but others that do a steam clean (better for environment/no water). If so, any recommendations?