Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Find charge station based on amenities?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there an app that lets you route based on specific amenities at charging stations? E.g. if I wanted to eat lunch at In N Out or we wanted to stop at Panera for breakfast or Starbucks?

I know ABRP lets you find restaurants near stations after it plans a route, but even that is a bit tedious unless I’m missing a feature or doing something wrong.

I'm not aware of any that allow you to filter to that level of specificity. If you are looking for specific chains to visit, I guess I would start by searching out the outlets on your approved list and then searching for charging stations near those outlets.

Plugshare does have a trip planner feature that will filter the charging stations it displays to those on your route with chosen amenities nearby, but it doesn't go down to the specific chain level (just "Dining). But maybe this is a bit better than ABRP which simply lists what amenities are nearby stops it suggests.

Is there an app that lets you route based on specific amenities at charging stations? E.g. if I wanted to eat lunch at In N Out or we wanted to stop at Panera for breakfast or Starbucks?

I know ABRP lets you find restaurants near stations after it plans a route, but even that is a bit tedious unless I’m missing a feature or doing something wrong.
Everyone is different, but for me it get tedious if I try and do too much planning. It's often easier to stay flexible on the amenities. Some charge stations will have multiple choices and some of them have nothing within walking distance.

We always pack a few food items in a portable Dometic refrigerator in the back of the model Y. If there is some good food close to the charge station we buy something there. If there is nothing that looks good that day we eat the food items in the fridge in the back of the car.

I like Starbucks as well, but when I am on the road a google search of "Coffee near me" often comes up with some great local choices. As they say though "Your mileage may vary". :)

Looks like a perfect opportunity for a business plan!

In addition to just what to do when you charge is to be able to choose a route based on the scenery of the drive. Or maybe it gives you a ranking on the scenery. Of course, the users would enter this ranking with a star system on the app. (Verified by GPS coordinates that the user went on that road segment)