Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Find out how much it costs to charge your Tesla in the UK, take 5!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m trying to get onto an “EV tariff” but can’t at the minute as my smart meters aren’t talking to my current supplier. Tempted to switch anyway and let the new supplier sort it out. Octopus aren’t the go to for this now since they put their rates up yesterday.

I used to be with Bulb and would go back to them but as above, their EV tariff isn’t generally available and their future is uncertain at this point. So I’m currently considering EDF Go Electric 35.
E.on doesn’t need a smart meter just a smartphone and compatible car which a Tesla is…

I did a quote with EDF on the ev tariff and that was double what I’m currently paying…

I’m trying to get onto an “EV tariff” but can’t at the minute as my smart meters aren’t talking to my current supplier. Tempted to switch anyway and let the new supplier sort it out. Octopus aren’t the go to for this now since they put their rates up yesterday.

I used to be with Bulb and would go back to them but as above, their EV tariff isn’t generally available and their future is uncertain at this point. So I’m currently considering EDF Go Electric 35.
There's not much in it with EDF vs Octopus now, the standing order on EDF might make them a tinier bit expensive.

Give the flexibility of Go Faster some thought too, as you might be able to include things like the dishwasher / tumble drier if you opted for the cheap rate to start at 20:30 for example (which is what we do).

There's not much in it with EDF vs Octopus now, the standing order on EDF might make them a tinier bit expensive.

Give the flexibility of Go Faster some thought too, as you might be able to include things like the dishwasher / tumble drier if you opted for the cheap rate to start at 20:30 for example (which is what we do).
SMS are coming out next Thursday to look at my smart meters so hopefully they commission them properly this time (seems to be a case of get them installed and leave ASAP). I don't mind scheduling the dishwasher, washing machine, etc to come on during the night and have solar now so can always use that during the day time.

Reactions: DaveW
Haven't updated in a while, think the advice from most places is to stick not move, but for anyone interested:

I can't 100% verify the EDF prices though, they are only offering this to existing customers, the prices I got were from their tariff card, *but* there might be an April24 rate that I don't know about.

If anyones with EDF, could they verify for me please? Need to be an existing customer to get a quote.

https://www.edfenergy.com/sites/default/files/goelectric_ratecard_mar24.pdf is the data I used

I can't 100% verify the EDF prices though, they are only offering this to existing customers, the prices I got were from their tariff card, *but* there might be an April24 rate that I don't know about.

If anyones with EDF, could they verify for me please? Need to be an existing customer to get a quote.

https://www.edfenergy.com/sites/default/files/goelectric_ratecard_mar24.pdf is the data I used
Need to be an existing Go Electric customer to get the tariffs. Otherwise you get this: Screenshot 2022-03-14 at 18.56.51.png