TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Finding an original 110V yellow charging cable?

Discussion in 'Roadster: Technical' started by VIN271, Sep 21, 2019.

1. VIN271

VIN271 New Member

Like the person in April, I am interested in getting a replacement for my original yellow 110V charging cable. Might anyone be able to suggest a way to get hold of one? With thanks. R

2. X.l.r.8

X.l.r.8 Supporting Member

They are rare and ultra expensive when they do come up. if you have a can sr or Jr you can make a lead up with either a ji772 or a tesla plug to use a 110v outlet, other wise I think you will be in for a long wait or an expensive purchase.

3. Roadster

Roadster JdeMO Powered

More impressively, that's your first post since joining back in 2013 :cool: Hope #271 has been treating you well!

FWIW, it never hurts to call your local SC and ask their parts dept. if they have any spares in the system. Best of luck.

4. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

If you just have a broken one the GFI end is known to go bad. You can replace the GFI plug for like $15 at most any home improvement store. A DAR cheaper alternative.

5. X.l.r.8

X.l.r.8 Supporting Member

Never thought of that, If you have the original one I'm sure its repairable.

6. Roadster637

Roadster637 Member

I had to do this the day I brought 637 home... it worked fine charging at the dealership, then wouldn't charge at home. The GFI end had went bad some how! Very glad it was a $15 fix and not something more substantial!

• Like x 1