Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finding any electric chargers driving from Vancouver to Banff

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, WE live in Bellingham WA USA. We are planning to drive our Tesla Y into Canada and up to Banff. In looking for Tesla charges we are finding very few, so we are assuming we will need to charge on other types of charges. Does anyone have any information about where to charge, which private chargers are best etc. We have no experience charging in Canada.

Hey, so you will be able to get to Banff from Bellingham very comfortably if you follow the supercharger network. Are you planning alternate routing?
In BC we also have DCFC (fast chargers) with FLO and BC Hydro (Google them for their apps so you can activate the charging session) however you will need the Chadmo adapter to connect to them.
There are also level 2 chargers (15 to 20 miles per hour charging speeds), suggest you get the plugshare app to find them.
I'm not very familiar with the Y but if it is anything like my LR M3 I find I have plenty of range for this route.
Have fun!

Upvote 0
Hi, WE live in Bellingham WA USA. We are planning to drive our Tesla Y into Canada and up to Banff. In looking for Tesla charges we are finding very few, so we are assuming we will need to charge on other types of charges. Does anyone have any information about where to charge, which private chargers are best etc. We have no experience charging in CanadaYou s
You should be fine with the Superchargers along the way going to Banff. Lots of Level 2 chargers around the national Park which is free. Some L2 are with Chargepoint, Flo. If you have a Chademo adaptor you can use other DCFC with Electrify Canada, Flo, PetroCan, etc..

Upvote 0
The visitor center has 4x destination chargers and 4x J-1772 chargers that will max out your 48A onboard charger and there are some other options you can check out on plugshare. Canmore is also 16 minutes further West and has Superchargers if you're in a rush or are heading in that direction anyways.

Reactions: navguy12
Upvote 0
Hi, WE live in Bellingham WA USA. We are planning to drive our Tesla Y into Canada and up to Banff. In looking for Tesla charges we are finding very few, so we are assuming we will need to charge on other types of charges. Does anyone have any information about where to charge, which private chargers are best etc. We have no experience charging in Canada.
The entire route is covered by superchargers. Hope, Merritt, Kamloops, Salmon Arm, Revelstoke, Golden, Canmore... I'm probably missing some. Just going from memory. You can just enter your destination in your Nav and it will make suggestions on where to stop. Just push the lightning bolt icon and you'll see all the superchargers. If you're not in your car, you can look at supercharge.info to see where all the superchargers are.

Upvote 0
I have found this app useful as well, when wanting an idea where Superchargers are located without map clutter:

DD152021-336D-4F9C-925B-635D99965939.jpeg

Upvote 0