Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finding Cabins with EV Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sdorn

Director of Awesome
Supporting Member
Oct 9, 2016
Georgia
Has anyone figured out a good way to find vacation properties that have EV chargers or at least 240v outlets that can be used to charge EVs? I'm not talking about hotels, but rather cabins, cottages, etc. like what you normally find on airbnb or vrbo for example. I can't seem to find any way of searching for properties that I will be able to charge at.

I'm going to convert my old house here on the OBX (solar array in my avatar) to a weekly rental, and it has a Tesla charger. If there's anywhere you find to list it as "EV friendly", let me know!

I also have another rental house on the beach road where I could run a NEMA 14/50 extension cord from an unused stove outlet on the ground floor.

My last rental house is in Duck, and a 14/50 should be easy to install if not a Tesla Charger. If there's demand for a charger, I'll install one.

You can look on Chargerville and PlugShare but that might be some tough searching. They can at least tell you charging options near where you want to go.

More important though is how much charging do you really need? How much driving are you going to be doing? At our beach place we've a 120v/15a (4 MPH / 100 miles per day) outlet in the garage and that's more than enough. We're not driving to work everyday and will often go several days without using our car. We ride our bikes for everything within 2 to maybe 5 miles.

Whether this helps or not, in my experience I use the standard wall outlet on beach trips, and find it more than adequate. 4mi/hr plugged in all day - nearly 100 miles of driving per day. Usually the first day I veg out anyway and don’t drive much so it gives me a boost. Thought I’d need a 240v just found it never necessary in reality.

I don't have a good answer for the OP's question, but I know most WV state parks have EV chargers including Tesla destination chargers, so maybe not at the cabin, but usually at the main lodge. I used one recently myself. Other states' parks may have similar setups, or should if WV has them.

Electric Vehicle Charging Stations - West Virginia State Parks

Last edited: