TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Finding Cabins with EV Charging

Discussion in 'Model S' started by sdorn, Apr 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sdorn

sdorn Director of Awesome

Has anyone figured out a good way to find vacation properties that have EV chargers or at least 240v outlets that can be used to charge EVs? I'm not talking about hotels, but rather cabins, cottages, etc. like what you normally find on airbnb or vrbo for example. I can't seem to find any way of searching for properties that I will be able to charge at.

2. CSFTN

CSFTN Member

Subscribed ...

3. Macbest

Macbest Member

I put it in my listing heading. eV ready. Try searching for that. I will soon be a destination charger for Tesla. www.kenwoodcottage.com

4. desmondsl

desmondsl New Member

I asked airbnb employees to add EV charging under additional amenities, they thought it was a good idea but no action has been taken. They do have a Tesla Chargers "wish list" that may be useful https://www.airbnb.ca/wishlists/72787237 . Booking.com does have EV charging on their amenities list but its not a searchable feature.

5. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Even for rental properties (like for OBX/Hatteras Island), you would need to know what floor the electric drier is on, for example. Many have them on the 2nd floor, a long way to run an extension cord!

6. OBX John

OBX John Autonomous Driving Enthusiast

I'm going to convert my old house here on the OBX (solar array in my avatar) to a weekly rental, and it has a Tesla charger. If there's anywhere you find to list it as "EV friendly", let me know!

I also have another rental house on the beach road where I could run a NEMA 14/50 extension cord from an unused stove outlet on the ground floor.

My last rental house is in Duck, and a 14/50 should be easy to install if not a Tesla Charger. If there's demand for a charger, I'll install one.

7. ElectricTundra

You can look on Chargerville and PlugShare but that might be some tough searching. They can at least tell you charging options near where you want to go.

More important though is how much charging do you really need? How much driving are you going to be doing? At our beach place we've a 120v/15a (4 MPH / 100 miles per day) outlet in the garage and that's more than enough. We're not driving to work everyday and will often go several days without using our car. We ride our bikes for everything within 2 to maybe 5 miles.