Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finding holiday lets that have EV charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kelvin 660

White SR+ with LFP battery
Aug 21, 2020
Stonehouse
With lock-down coming to an end you may want to get away for a few days. Airbnb is a popular site for finding lets, but doesn't have an EV charging filter. However there is a way to "hack" Airbnb address barh, to give results for EV chargeing. Follow the link below to find out how to do it...

Does anyone else have a good way to locate EV charging when searching for holiday lets, etc?

Reactions: CMc1 and NewbieT
Booking.com do holiday lets, apartments and hotels. You can add an EV charger filter to your search as well.
I wouldn't rely on that - on a previous trip to Germany i booked 3 seperate places all of which had the charging station and on each property i was told - it's in the town centre, i then cancelled them and just booked within shouting distance of a supercharger

• Informative
Reactions: doats1
I wouldn't rely on that - on a previous trip to Germany i booked 3 seperate places all of which had the charging station and on each property i was told - it's in the town centre, i then cancelled them and just booked within shouting distance of a supercharger
And beware of places with Destination Chargers that want to add €€ to your bill.

Reactions: Mr H
And beware of places with Destination Chargers that want to add €€ to your bill.
How rigorously are these enforced? And what are the real repercussions? Banned from Tesla?!

I live in a village where there are several destination chargers at rather swanky halls and restaurants, and I often wonder if I could just park up for a few hours there...

Not in the UK when using Airbnb.co.uk and I can't use Airbnb.com as it automatically redirects me to airbnb.co.uk...

You can search for "free on site parking" however. Any one just rocked up and plugged in the granny charger?
Yes you can - see attached pic showing Airbnb.co.uk search, with "EV charger" filter

Attachments

• airbnb.jpg
    airbnb.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 44
It's bad that Airbnb does not work the same way in different browsers... Edge also is lacking.
However if I vpn and login to the US site, using Chrome, I can select EV charging!
I will point this out to Airbnb and hopefully they will update their UK offering.