Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finding if you have new autopilot chip.

willow_hiller

Apr 3, 2019
Maryland
Sign up on teslafi.com, open settings page and search for Option codes. It shows Ap3.5 or 3 there. I got delivery mid March and it is 2.5 :(

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately if you do end up with HW3), the Tesla API returns invalid option codes for all Model 3s. They're all identical for all models, my SR+ option codes said it had a 75 kWh battery!

willow_hiller

Apr 3, 2019
Maryland
Doesn’t it have 75kWh battery that is software restricted.

Unlikely. All the option codes were wrong (saying sport wheels when I have aero, etc.). And for an even bigger nail in the coffin for Model 3 option codes, I got an MR and LR owner to post their option codes as well and they're all identical.

Option codes are valid for S and X, but not for 3.

• Informative
Reactions: woodguyatl

woodguyatl

Oct 3, 2018
GA
Unlikely. All the option codes were wrong (saying sport wheels when I have aero, etc.). And for an even bigger nail in the coffin for Model 3 option codes, I got an MR and LR owner to post their option codes as well and they're all identical.

Option codes are valid for S and X, but not for 3.

Nope, if it did the weight would be the same as the LR car

Don’t know where I got that idea. Thx.

dmurphy

Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2018
New Jersey - Morris County
Hmmm, I signed up at TeslaFi and looked for the options codes - nada, zilch. I wonder if they deleted that entry or maybe it's only available if you actually pay for a subscription?

The option codes do not mean anything on the Model 3 - all Model 3's report the same. If they removed it from TeslaFi, that's good - saves everyone some confusion.

WilliamG

Apr 20, 2019
Seattle, WA
I just get my Model 3 standers + two weeks ago and I was wondering if there was a way to check if I have the new AP3 computer or if I have AP2 hardware. How can you check for this?

I think the best way to know is if you have the lane change assist without confirmation. I don’t believe HW3 has that feature on the 2019.12.1.2 firmware yet.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC