Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finding super chargers in canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i can’t find consistent charger locations in Canada as I travel drone WNY into Quebec, etc.

Google maps in the car shows some and then when the route is selected they go away. Internet searches changes with each attempt.

I’m looking for a reliable source.

My car shows charging locations everywhere in US and Canada, no matter where I'm located. And it routes through superchargers in both countries. A screenshot of your problem would help.

Note: once the route starts, you don't see other stations except the one you are driving to. You can tap the lightning bolt icon on the screen to see all stations.

What about www.tesla.com/supercharging?
What about the car?

To turn on the display of chargers in the car, touch on the map and you should see the icons come up in the lower right corner. Click on the lightning bolt. That will turn on the charger icons on the map and bring up a popup containing the nearest Superchargers at the top and then scroll down to the destination chargers.

Next best place for charging is PlugShare.com or its app.

My car shows charging locations everywhere in US and Canada, no matter where I'm located. And it routes through superchargers in both countries. A screenshot of your problem would help.

Note: once the route starts, you don't see other stations except the one you are driving to. You can tap the lightning bolt icon on the screen to see all stations.
Here is what I see. It shows some chargers as black-what does that mean?- and does show chargers enroute in Cornwall as a frayed out iconand one other place is missingand shows only
3F09B4B8-BFA9-4AD3-AC3D-2C6D9C94F20A.jpeg
3F09B4B8-BFA9-4AD3-AC3D-2C6D9C94F20A.jpeg
one of the 5 listed chargers in Montreal.

Getting to Montreal in below zero weather with 13% left is not a viable option. And again what is a black charger?

Attachments

• 14E93BB1-8DB6-4A4D-9D2B-28158F5A341E.jpeg
    14E93BB1-8DB6-4A4D-9D2B-28158F5A341E.jpeg
    327.3 KB · Views: 63
Here is what I see. It shows some chargers as black-what does that mean?- and does show chargers enroute in Cornwall as a frayed out iconand one other place is missingand shows onlyView attachment 370913 View attachment 370913 one of the 5 listed chargers in Montreal.

Getting to Montreal in below zero weather with 13% left is not a viable option. And again what is a black charger?
I failed to upload the actual trip. Sorry
6D401806-9F2C-4C5B-B624-2BF165CB226B.jpeg

I can only say I’m an idiot for that one thanks.

But then that means the program is not showing any of the 5 chargers in Toronto.

When you navigate somewhere, it will route you through the most convenient supercharger and tell you how long to charge. If you click the little supercharger icon on the lower right hand side underneath the globe and the traffic light symbol on the map, it will show every supercharger around.

Also, the route planner in the car merely shows you how to get there with "enough juice" and in an optimal time, if you prefer to have more on arrival simply charge longer at the supercharger and to a 100% if you want to.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Great tips above. There are a couple more superchargers (e.g. Cornwall) before you get to Montréal, so you will have the ability to stop on the way if you are running low.

Last thing I can add, Montréal has great curbside street chargers by Circuit Électrique. I used them to park overnight and get a full charge. Check out their website or smartphone app, it also shows real-time availability.
https://lecircuitelectrique.com/welcome

The easy way to do your trip is to navigate to Watertown SC and while charging navigate to Cornwall SC and again navigate to Point-Claire SC, they are all on youre route and when in Pointe Claire you can charge to 90 % and you will have plenty since you are only a few miles from your destination.
Have a safe trip.

The easy way to do your trip is to navigate to Watertown SC and while charging navigate to Cornwall SC and again navigate to Point-Claire SC, they are all on youre route and when in Pointe Claire you can charge to 90 % and you will have plenty since you are only a few miles from your destination.
This is what we used to do in "ye olden dayes", circa 2013-2015 or so, and it's a good example of the kind of bad recommendations the onboard "Beta Trip Planner" does. You will be much better served to use this method. Just zoom out a little, pick the next Superchager that looks like a good distance and shows a safe arrival % for your margin, like 20-25% and navigate to there. The trip planner's suggestions to do extra long drives with extra long charging stops in between is a royal pain in the ass and makes trips feel cumbersome. "Splash and dash" with a few 15-20 minute stops more frequently just feels less boring and is less stressful than trying to scrape by on a long distance with very little margin.

I can only say I’m an idiot for that one thanks.

But then that means the program is not showing any of the 5 chargers in Toronto.

Tap the lightning bolt icon in the lower right corner of the map screen to show all charging locations. If you’re within range, they’ll be bright range. If you’re out of range, they’ll be dim red, as they are in my example picture below.

Also, download the PlugShare app on your phone.

1BDC21CD-0EFA-4F52-A808-3F8258566B46.jpeg

This is what we used to do in "ye olden dayes", circa 2013-2015 or so, and it's a good example of the kind of bad recommendations the onboard "Beta Trip Planner" does. You will be much better served to use this method. Just zoom out a little, pick the next Superchager that looks like a good distance and shows a safe arrival % for your margin, like 20-25% and navigate to there. The trip planner's suggestions to do extra long drives with extra long charging stops in between is a royal pain in the ass and makes trips feel cumbersome. "Splash and dash" with a few 15-20 minute stops more frequently just feels less boring and is less stressful than trying to scrape by on a long distance with very little margin.
I agree, this exacly the way i'm doing, but in his case, those SC are watertown, Cornwall and Pointe Claire. Also when you zoom out, some SC will be in light red, this mean you can not reach directly.