Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fines at Washington chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not been here for a while but you now have to register your plate at the Washington supercharger at the Campanile Hotel.

Here's their not too easy to spot warning compete with the obligatory apostrophe and typos:

20200804_092556.jpg

Just in case anyone gets caught out.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Not been here for a while but you now have to register your plate at the Washington supercharger at the Campanile Hotel.

Here's their not too easy to spot warning compete with the obligatory apostrophe and typos:

View attachment 572237

Just in case anyone gets caught out.

Never been there, but just wondered if the reception is manned 24/7?

Suspect it probably isn't, but I bet the Parking Eye cameras are still running.

Frustratingly, on our first family long distance trip in the new M3 to Scotland, I got caught by these guys on 12th August. Needless to say I wasn't looking for signs as was more concerned by the dog and 6 year old tearing around the car park together... I appealed to Parking Eye who told me that there was adequate signage so "cough up ". I'm not sure if I can be bothered with the headache of contesting this further unless there is a consensus telling me otherwise.

I guess on reflection, I would just like to have been made aware that charging is not the same as filling up at a gas station, and that additional steps like registering with hotel reception may be required... Something for Tesla inform newbies like me?

Frustratingly, on our first family long distance trip in the new M3 to Scotland, I got caught by these guys on 12th August. Needless to say I wasn't looking for signs as was more concerned by the dog and 6 year old tearing around the car park together... I appealed to Parking Eye who told me that there was adequate signage so "cough up ". I'm not sure if I can be bothered with the headache of contesting this further unless there is a consensus telling me otherwise.

I guess on reflection, I would just like to have been made aware that charging is not the same as filling up at a gas station, and that additional steps like registering with hotel reception may be required... Something for Tesla inform newbies like me?
Welcome to the forum, it’s just a shame it’s under these circumstances.

Because Tesla Superchargers are always on private property, and landlords often contract out parking services as an extra revenue stream, I’m afraid it’s likely we’ll see this problem at more sites in the future.

Tesla could do more, in terms of permanent and bold warning signs at the location and on the chargers, and they could implement a pop-up warning on the car screen. I wouldn’t hold your breath though.

As for what you can do to mitigate the problem yourself, I suggest you always check Zap-Map and PlugShare for information about any charging stops, as this sort of thing will be mentioned. And this forum of course.